“Terrible is not a low enough choice. NASTY/FILTHY/JUST UNSANITARY” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Colonial Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Colonial Motel
Ranked #46 of 56 Hotels in Long Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Terrible is not a low enough choice. NASTY/FILTHY/JUST UNSANITARY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

While waiting my new home to be prepped for move in we stay here. My family and I slid the key into door to walk into the must terrible smell ever. It smelled of animals. I then walked into the bathroom,to discover the shower still left with someones soap and an attached hair. I then went to look at the beds then to look over to discover animal puke on the side nightstand and the carpet. I then went to the store bought cleaners and air fresheners along with gloves and a broom. I cleaned. It began to smell better, and I felt a little cleaner. The internet and HBO work on when it wants to. The neighbors are often yelling along with the local druggies turning your door handle beating on your door or someone trying to sell you their groceries from the Dollar store. Not to mention I seen cops arresting a person in parking lot ans chopper flying over with spotlight. The place has roaches. I also never got a trash can or fresh towels or maid service at all, not even offered to me. Thank goodness we brought our own towels, soap, and toliet paper. I woke up in the mornings to find itchy bites on my arms, legs ,elbows, and neck. I cleaned every day we stayed and plan to laundry everything in hot water and hot dryer. The pool is dirty and smells of urine. Please pass up this place and drive on. Pay a little more you will be glad you did.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Plano, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

I was standing outside my room and was told by the manager on duty that I was not allowed to talk on my cell phone outside of my room and I had to go out in front of the building to smoke a cigarette because that was the policy. Not worth the price of the room, probably could have found something better for cheaper.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I love coming here. The family that runs it are cool. The rooms are pretty clean. Every room has a variety of mirrors. The air conditioner works great and they allow pets. They also have a big swimming pool and jaccuzzie thats hidden, not to many people know that. I come here two to four times a month

• Stayed October 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NotDiscombobulated
Menlo Park
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

I was in Long Beach for the Scottish Rites music festival and thought this place looked nice with the heart shaped spa. I arrived when it was just getting dark and I was tired from driving all day from the Bay Area. I could see when i arrived it wasn't a place I should stay alone.
I had already booked my reservation so i have it a try. The people who live there were intimidating-Someone banged on my door after I was done unpacking. The people who live there are up at all hours...The heater was broken. There was hot water though too take a shower after a long day of travels. There was a incense smell in the bathroom. When I was up studying early in the morning reading a play for my acting class I was in I could hear a couple which was bad...
In the morning I heard a lady screaming having a fight with someone...
The pool was not open all year and was dirty after the storms...
The Female owner was nice but the Male owner was rude...
They have nice snacks in the lobby in the morning...
he place needs to move to a better location...

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Sharonco810
Long Beach, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2010

This place is a dump - their main source of review is from homeless shelters. Ladies of the night line the front at night, the rooms are dirty and have bugs, they never clean your room. They have a no refund policy.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Titup
Oakland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

please do your self a favor stay somewher else cheaper is not always better, semen stains on the bedding need I say more management horrible.
Michael- Oakland

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank sy06mitt
Bay Area
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2008

I stayed here for 3 days, 2 nights on a quick visit to Long Beach. I went to Cal State and wanted to go visit friends for a weekend trip and when I booked I didn't really pay too much attention to the location. When my friend picked me up and we started driving there I quickly realized I had made a mistake by not checking the address! It is in a bad part of Long Beach, by Poly High School. When checking in the "couple" in front of me were only paying for an hour, that was my 2nd sign that I did not look into this hotel too much before booking! The room was small, cigarettes burns on the comforter, no toiletries, half a role of toilet paper (the toilet also ran every couple minutes), stained towels (all mixed matched!), fridge wasn't cold and no trash can! I would not sleep on the sheets so I asked a friend to bring me some from his house, who knows when the were last washed :( I tried to only sleep and get ready there, as little time as possible was best!

The icing on the cake of this hotel was being woken up at 5:55am to a woman yelling at the front desk worker (yes I could hear it all the way on the 2nd floor!) to tell her where her cheating husband was! WOW!!

• Liked — Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — Everything!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank kowgrl4eva