“This is my favorite affordable local motel”
Review of Colonial Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Colonial Motel
Ranked #45 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
“This is my favorite affordable local motel”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I love coming here. The family that runs it are cool. The rooms are pretty clean. Every room has a variety of mirrors. The air conditioner works great and they allow pets. They also have a big swimming pool and jaccuzzie thats hidden, not to many people know that. I come here two to four times a month

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank NotDiscombobulated

Menlo Park
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I was in Long Beach for the Scottish Rites music festival and thought this place looked nice with the heart shaped spa. I arrived when it was just getting dark and I was tired from driving all day from the Bay Area. I could see when i arrived it wasn't a place I should stay alone.
I had already booked my reservation so i have it a try. The people who live there were intimidating-Someone banged on my door after I was done unpacking. The people who live there are up at all hours...The heater was broken. There was hot water though too take a shower after a long day of travels. There was a incense smell in the bathroom. When I was up studying early in the morning reading a play for my acting class I was in I could hear a couple which was bad...
In the morning I heard a lady screaming having a fight with someone...
The pool was not open all year and was dirty after the storms...
The Female owner was nice but the Male owner was rude...
They have nice snacks in the lobby in the morning...
he place needs to move to a better location...

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank Sharonco810

Travelers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

Long Beach, CA
Reviewed January 28, 2010

This place is a dump - their main source of review is from homeless shelters. Ladies of the night line the front at night, the rooms are dirty and have bugs, they never clean your room. They have a no refund policy.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Titup
Oakland
Reviewed August 10, 2009

please do your self a favor stay somewher else cheaper is not always better, semen stains on the bedding need I say more management horrible.
Michael- Oakland

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank sy06mitt
Bay Area
Reviewed June 29, 2008

I stayed here for 3 days, 2 nights on a quick visit to Long Beach. I went to Cal State and wanted to go visit friends for a weekend trip and when I booked I didn't really pay too much attention to the location. When my friend picked me up and we started driving there I quickly realized I had made a mistake by not checking the address! It is in a bad part of Long Beach, by Poly High School. When checking in the "couple" in front of me were only paying for an hour, that was my 2nd sign that I did not look into this hotel too much before booking! The room was small, cigarettes burns on the comforter, no toiletries, half a role of toilet paper (the toilet also ran every couple minutes), stained towels (all mixed matched!), fridge wasn't cold and no trash can! I would not sleep on the sheets so I asked a friend to bring me some from his house, who knows when the were last washed :( I tried to only sleep and get ready there, as little time as possible was best!

The icing on the cake of this hotel was being woken up at 5:55am to a woman yelling at the front desk worker (yes I could hear it all the way on the 2nd floor!) to tell her where her cheating husband was! WOW!!

• Liked — Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — Everything!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
3 Thank kowgrl4eva
Bay Area
Reviewed September 5, 2007

I Booked this hotel from Hotels.com. The name and features sound good and the web pictures are nice but in reality this is a hotel with rundown rooms in a medeocre part of town. I stayed 2007 Labor day weekend and had cancellation cost so unfortunately I stayed 2 days:

Here are some specific issues I encountered:
1) Room not made up (was out the whole day and came back to room at 10PM & room was not made up)
2) Severe Black Ant infestation
3) Broken Lamp Bulb (fluorescent bulb so toxic mercury vapor prossibly still in room)
4) Several broken fixtures and non functional wall plugs
5) Sections of bathroom floor visibly not cleaned in very long time

Talked to hotel manager upon checkout said he would fix everything but when I asked to be compensated primarily for issue 1) he gave me the following answers to my complaints:

Item 1) "You did not put the 'Make up room sign'"
Item 2) Bug spray is available at the lobby
Item 3) & 4) An electrician was available 24 hours a day

My advise is stay clear of booking rooms on the net at hotels that are not part of a hotel chain . You have few avenues of recourse when things go wrong.

• Liked — Spartan but OK breakfast
  • Disliked — Dirty Room, Broken fixtures
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank TravelGuyBayArea
quillabamba2
Reviewed May 10, 2007

First time in Long Beach, this Motel is located at an area that after 5 pm, is hard to walk with out encountering people drinking and just not safe.
The place needs a total renovation.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business