“Enjoyed evening!”
Review of The Federal Bar

The Federal Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Federal Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 1,121 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Federal Bar Long Beach Gastropub housed in an historic 1920's LB landmark. Home of the Federal Underground and The Parlour.
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We went here for a drink and decided to stay and have a bite to eat. Everyone really enjoyed their drinks and food. Service was excellent. Fun place to catch up with friends.

There are newer reviews for The Federal Bar

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Located in what could be best described as a cavernous former bank building (wonderful architecture). The menu is eclectic. Bar scene is very lively but quiet(er) dining is also available. Try the sliders, salads and fish entrees. Service was great!

1  Thank jrjojo
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I went here with a group of girlfriends and we had a great time. I had the market fisk (swordfish) and it was really yummy. We also shared the mac n' cheese, artichoke dip and bacon wrapper shrimp and I couldn't complain about any of them. The building is an old bank and the detailing is really pretty to look at. I would recommend this place for larger groups or just a few friends (just know that it can be quite noisy).

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Great service. Delicious drinks with great food selections. Had a hard time deciding what to eat. The interior of the building is pretty unique but makes it pretty noisy - and it wasn't even that crowded.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We came here for brunch. We had a 2 for 1 deal and met some friends here. First off, the interior of the building is magnificent. Very reminiscent of a different era. Servers are dressed in speakeasy, 1920's attire. Parking is adjacent to the building and runs about 5-7 bucks. Great bar with a speakeasy downstairs. Food served is truly comfort food. Definately fit for foodies which I'm not. I had the granola and yogurt and of course the bottomless mimosas. Service was not that great. Brunch begins at 10 ish and last call at 230. We had reservations at 1pm. Reservations a must especially for brunch. We were seated immediately but didn't see our server until 45 minutes later. When she did come to our table, she appeared to be impatient and uninterested in life that day cuz it sure showed. My husband had the omelette with their version of home fries which are actually French fries seasoned. Our guests had French toast. No complaints on the food from
Anyone. As I said earlier, comfort food. They have music and dancing on Fridays/Saturdays so we are going to check that out. I would definately come back. It's worth a second chance. They also have a location in L.A.