“Another Great Courtyard Experience”

Courtyard Long Beach Airport
Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Texas
“Another Great Courtyard Experience”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We were in Long Beach for a couple of nights. We chose this Courtyard due to the good reviews on Tripadvisor. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The location for this hotel is good. The internet worked well and there was not a fee for it..yay! Wasn't thrilled at the parking fee, however, it wasn't too terribly high..8.95. Service was good. They had a nice pool, however it was overrun with kids due to graduation and prom parties. They ended up needing to drain the pool and I didn't even want to ask why. Location is great, nice and close to the airport, but no airport noise. There are a few restaurant right in the parking lot as well as a Starbucks. We would like to stay here again if we return to Long Beach.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dsg560

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Recently stayed here on a business trip to Long Beach. My conference was downtown but there were no rooms available, so I opted for the airport. The hotel is nice, clean and new. The Lobby is one of the newly re-designed ones and many options for food and drinks. The room was nice with a good working area with free wifi. There were a ton of cable TV channels and the bed was comfortable. My room bordered the fitness room so in the morning it was a bit noisy, but nothing terrible. The area is lacking entertainment, but the burger place (The Habit) in the same parking lot was a great choice for dinner to bring back to the room. The airport is very close and it was about a 15-20 minute drive to downtown. I would definitely return to this Marriot for a business trip again. The one downside would be the parking fee. There is not much around so I did not understand the reason for the fee (Just roll it into the room rate and nobody would be wiser).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank SCCam94
Waipahu, Hawaii
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My family and I were in town for the weekend to attend a graduation! We have gotten spoiled staying at Courtyard Marriott's and this location did not disappoint. We always get excellent service, rooms are comfortable and clean, great location and staff is friendly and helpful. We were traveling with a baby and they were very accommodating in providing a play pen. I would highly recommend this location to travelers with families. Dining options on site, and right next door across their parking lot (Starbucks, Jersey Mike's Subs and The Habit Burger Grill). Complimentary shuttle to the airport. Pool looked clean and inviting! Thanks Courtyard Marriott Long Beach!

1 Thank BethUhhKnee
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is new and comfortable but we had a bad experience with the room reservation and rate quoted. After placing a reservation and receiving a confirmation e-mail with a confirmation number and a quoted rate. we arrived to find we did not have a reservation ( courtyard said someone had called and canceled, which we did not) and then stated they still had rooms available but at a higher rate than originally quoted in the email. We requested they show us the cancellation information and who they sent the cancel notice to. Of course they could not produce anything nor tell us who called to cancel. This facility also charges for hotel parking. While we knew this to be the case we assumed it was either valet parking or closed parking. Neither was the case. This is an open parking lot with a small strip mall in the same parking lot. Again, the hotel itself is fine but we will not stay here again since they would not honor the confirmation email.

2 Thank Migliaccio
Frank C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Long Beach Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay on TripAdvisor. Feedback such as yours is important to us as well as our future/repeat clients. If I may make a correction to your feedback - your original reservation was reserved under Marriott's Friends & Family rate on May 2nd to which you did not have a valid form to receive the rate on the day of arrival. A second reservation was created under your name the morning of your arrival (5/21) under our discounted AARP rate, which is higher than the F&F rate. When it was brought to my attention that you requested the original rate, I accommodated your first three nights under the F&F rate that you originally booked.

Our hotel charges a competitive overnight parking rate of $8.95, given our proximity to the Long Beach Airport.

I'm very sorry to hear your last experience with us not as enjoyable as you had hoped. Again thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and should you wish to discuss further, please feel free to contact me.

-Frank
Long Beach, California
Reviewed May 24, 2014

After whittling down some 72 hotels in the greater LB area, I easily settled on the Courtyard Marriott LB Airport. The hotel is just like the pictures. I liked the fact that the bedroom is decorated in warm colors and the lighting is soft and welcoming. I came down from Montana to attend my son's graduation at CSULB but purposely stayed a few days to catch up on much-needed rest as I work on a small farm and do a lot of manual labor (57 yr old woman). The bed met my expectations and more! I wanted to take the bed home with me and now I see that you can order the bedding online! The staff is friendly and helpful. The amenities are convenient and offer everything you need or want. The hotel is very clean and smells good. Computers are here so you don't have to lug along your own. You will be very happy here during your stay. Very satisfied.

Alameda, California
Reviewed May 23, 2014

My family and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel immensely! It is perfectly located near the Long Beach Airport and around many shops and restaurants right down the street. Upon checking in, Frank was very professional, helpful and friendly! He noticed our room wasn't ready for early check in and immediately found another one for us that was ready. We stayed in the biggest suite they had and rooms were spacious, clean and quality! Cleanliness is very important to us since my infant daughter was on this trip with us! Any time we needed anything from the housekeeping, they were prompt, helpful and friendly! Jacqueline at the front desk was very helpful when we couldn't get our boarding passes to print on the shared computers at the lobby. She tried to trouble shoot and call the tech advisors for the hotel. It was no biggie, but we very much appreciated her efforts. (Sidenote: the hotel may want to link their server to Jet Blues website so guests can print their boarding passes.) All in all, we had a great stay! Thank you Courtyard Marriott Long Beach for the exceptional customer service and pleasant stay for me and my family!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 21, 2014

They made it clear that they did not like it that we booked through a site and not directly with the hotel. The room we had requested was not available because they won't guarantee what the alternate site said and it would be $40 a night extra and parking is $9 extra a day. We opted not to pay the additional $40 so our room was next to the pool and the lobby. Very noisy, very unpleasant. Also, no cell service in the room. The hotel staff advised they are well aware of this issue and guests often have more luck when stepping outside the hotel. If we wanted to use the phone in our room that would be an extra charge as well.Hotels should not offer rooms through alternate sites and then punish you for using them. I will never stay at another Marriott if I have any other option.

3 Thank Rebecca P
Lucas F, General Manager at Courtyard Long Beach Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Rebecca,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very sorry that you had such a poor experience with us. Please be assured that the staff is trained to treat all guests professionally and respectfully, regardless of how a reservation is booked or what rate a guest is paying. I am disappointed that you felt that the staff treated differently because of how you booked your room as this is not what is expected and certainly not tolerated.

Though I do not know the exact details of your situation, I can tell you that many 3rd party booking sites do not allow changes to be made to room types, bed configurations, etc. While the staff is generally happy to make changes when there is availability, contractual obligations prevent us from doing so with reservations booked through some of these sites. In my experience, this is sometimes the case across all chains, not just Marriott. I am sorry that you did not like the location of your specific room and that you found it noisy. Rooms near the pool and lobby are typically some of our most popular, it is unfortunate that this was not the case for you.

Please accept my apology for the difficulty you encountered staying connected due to poor cell coverage. As a new hotel in new development, it can take a little extra time for the cellular capacity to properly cover the area. This is something that we take very seriously – we are working with the major service providers to improve this as swiftly as possible. Finally, as to the parking charge, this should be clearly spelled out on all booking sites. If this was not the case for you, please let me know which site you used so that I may address the situation with that specific company.

Again, thank you very much for your comments and please accept my most sincere apology for the issues you experienced. If you would like to discuss the matter further, please feel free to contact me directly at 562-354-6810.