“Excellent place to stay”

Courtyard Long Beach Airport
Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Excellent place to stay. The rooms were clean and nice and the beds where soft and comfortable. The room size is great for 1-2 occupants. Our room had a couch and coffee table in it. Didn't eat at the restaurant so cannot review it. The market was a bit expensive. If you have a car be prepared to pay $6.95 a day to park. Not sure why they didn't just build a bigger parking lot. Also, if you don't have a car, be prepared to pay the prices at the market and restaurant. There is nothing around the hotel. It looks like they are still developing the area around the Long Beach Airport. Thankfully we had friends in the area the came and got us and we went to eat with them. If you had a conference and flew into the Long Beach Airport, this would be a good place to hold it. They do provide shuttle service to the Long Beach Airport. Probably would not stay here again because of the parking issue.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Malkavian99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Morro Bay, California
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I am rating the hotel as a three. The room was great. The new hotel beautiful. I stayed here on June 1, 2013. My problem came when I left a turquoise silver ring that was my mother's on the bathroom sink. I was running late getting out of the hotel. When I took my shower I took my ring off and put it on the bathroom counter. I realized I didn't have the ring and tried to contact the hotel desk. There was no phone number for the desk. I called the phone number listed on the web site and it went to reservations voice mail. I finally was able to reach corporate and they sent a message to the hotel. I received an email message from the hotel stating that there was nothing in the lost and found. I wrote back that I was upset that I know I left the ring there and never heard back from them. So beware if you happen to leave something you may not get it back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Alice A
Rohnert Park, California
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the modern interior of this new hotel.

I chose this hotel because it is only a mile from the Long Beach Airport, and within walking distance to Long Beach Community College (my conference destination). As it turns out, it is only 3 months old and really nice.

The lobby is spacious, clean and comfortable, with a small cafe serving Starbucks coffee and light food, as well as cocktails. There are several round booths outfitted with personal TVs, a bar in the center of the room with multiple power outlets, and a separate room with conversational seating and a large, flat-screen TV. Near the front desk is a small self-serve vending area with food, drinks (including bottles of wine), and personal necessities.

Throughout my stay the people at the front desk were unfailingly friendly and helpful, going out of their way to give suggestions, directions, etc.

The room was large, clean and comfortable, with 2 queens, a big desk, a small refrigerator and coffee maker, and an armoire with plenty of room for clothes and shoes. The WiFi was free and fast and did not require a password.

Though I didn't take advantage of it, there was a nice, outdoor pool, jacuzzi, and workout room. I did take advantage of the cold water dispenser in the workout room to fill my water bottle before leaving each day.

Room Tip: Because it's by an airport and in a rather industrial area, don't expect a view of anything...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank beachfam_rp
Valley Springs, CA
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel is very new. It's not fancy, but it's very practical and pleasant. There is a small cafe and a large, comfortable seating area in the lobby for visiting with other guests and/or eating. There is also a small "store" off the lobby with sundries and food - very convenient. The staff was very friendly - using the store or the cafe was easy, charged everything to the room and the prices were quite reasonable. The rooms are super clean and spacious, nice bathroom and shower, comfortable bedding, good lighting, a fridge and flat screen TV. The hotel is right next to the Long Beach airport, but I did not notice noise or traffic that might be associated with that - probably an executive or metro airport. My group got a very reasonable government rate too. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Kristin C
Phoenix
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is only a few months old, awesome brand new place to sleep. The beds were very comfortable, nice size TV and bathroom. It's also has a mini fridge, the staff there was always friendly. Has a small store and restaurant inside the hotel also. It's also close to the airport, it felt very safe as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Renee505
Washington
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husbands company put us up at this new Courtyard Mariott because that is where they were holding their meetings. This hotel is in a great location. As a mom going out alone with a young child I felt safe. The amenities are gorgeous. The bed were very comfortable. Because it was new there were a few kinks- the main one being that our huge, gorgeous shower did not get super hot water. It was better than Luke warm. The maintenance guy offered to move us the the room next to us, but it wasn't worth packing everything up. The other two things that were a little annoying (very minor) was that the bathroom door had a strong spring hinge so you couldn't leave it open without putting some type f door stop in it and... The refrigerator was a joke. Not even large enough for milk and bottled water. The enclosure it was in was larger then the actual fridge. One of the highlights was that they serve Starbucks drinks downstairs at the bistro. And there is a Starbucks drive thru bring built in the same parking lot which we will visit when we return... Which we most definitely will.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank RrosesWA
Atlanta
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for two nights and I was very pleased to see there was a new hotel in this particular part of Long Beach. In the Lakewood area there is plenty of shopping (Macy's, Costco, Target, etc) and plenty of restaurants. The hotel is completely easy to find. Upon driving up into the parking area, the hotel and surrounding areas look really nice and decorated with gorgeous landscaping. There is construction going on all around the hotel but it never interfered with traffic or early morning sleep. When I entered the lobby, there was no one at the front desk but a minute later someone appeared and promptly assisted. The lobby is full of seating and there is a small food service area where you can order food, coffee and spirits. I went to the elevator and began my initial wait for the elevator not realizing this repeated wait would become really annoying really quickly. There is only one hotel in the 4 story property and you will wait and wait for it every single time you need to go up or down. I normally request the highest floor but when staying here you might opt for first or second floor so you can take the stairs. Still, my room was completely lovely and new. The decor was colorful and inviting. Two things that annoyed me and one of them will prevent my return if not corrected. 1.) The bathroom door would not stay opened and was quite heavy to pull and close. 2.) The hot water seriously does not get past luke warm. The water is a serious problem. I had been traveling all day and I was so looking forward to a nice warm shower. Also, there must be air conditioning problems because I saw the maintenance guy using a blow dryer on the air conditioning unit in the room across the hall from me. My air was either too hot or too cold. I always keep my air on 73 at home and other hotels but 73 in this hotel had me sweating. It was literally blowing hot air. All in all, this is a very nice hotel but since it is new there are kinks to be worked out. The beds were great and it was relatively clean with only one hair in the bathroom (that wasn't mine). I prefer none but increasingly that is getting more and more hard to find. Don't expect free breakfast as I heard people requesting that repeatedly and go online and get a coupon code when booking this hotel. It is waaayyyy too expensive without one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo