“was good, but not worthy the $$$”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Attic

Attic
Ranked #35 of 1,102 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seal Beach, California
“was good, but not worthy the $$$”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Enjoyed a delicious fresh spinach and greens salad with strawberries, dates, and almonds. LIght dressing-very fresh. I had the Copper River Salmon which was excellent, although a little overcooked. My husband had the chicken and our 20 year old ordered the $45 14oz steak. It was not worthy of that price, and the mustard garlic mashed potatoes were heavy and overly flavored with mustard.
The service was good, although it was my birthday, noted in the Open Table reservation, and that was never acknowleged. Instead, as the table next to us was leaving, he wished the woman happy birthday, and she looked very confused!
All in all, decent, but too pricy. I'll not be going back.

• Visited June 2012

Los Angeles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So charming!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

The restaurant is in a charming old Craftsman house. Sit in front of the fireplace, so romantic. Food surprisingly upscale and delicious, service impeccable.

Everett, WA
“A Gem in Long Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

What a pleasant surprise this was. It is an old house that has been turned into a beautiful and elegant restaurant. The staff is very friendly and attentive and the food was just excellent. The chicken breast with onions and stone ground mustard is just incredible. Also their garlic toast with warm goat cheese - just to die for. They have a cocktail called a Cosmocello. A traditional Cosmopolitan made with Limencello - absolutely wonderful. I would hightly recommend this restaurant. It was a very enjoyable evening.

• Visited February 2012
Long Beach, California
“A Nice Surprise...Looks can be deceiving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

I must have passed by and parked in front of this place a hundred times going to another place on their block, when deciding on what to eat last night for dinner my wife had pulled a Groupon for Lasher's out of the stack of ready meals we have when neither one of us wants to cook dinner..lol She made a res. and off we were to explore a new eatery, the place is interesting to say the least...but the food AMAZING. I had their Cajun Seafood Linguini which I couldn't finish and my wife had the Fresh New Zealand Rack of Lamb. They have other items I want to try so a trip back is in the works, if your local enjoy...if not come out to the LBC and enjoy.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank sharkpb
Southern California
“A very cool restaurant in a converted craftsman style house”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

I've been to Lasher's many times and this is the first time I've reviewed it. My friend and I went there last Sunday for my birthday. I had made reservations (highly recommended because its popular and small). When we walked in we were greeted by the owner and 'lucked out' with a small table by the fireplace. She explained the chef's specials and took our drink order (generous) and was back quite quickly. I decided to try the chef's special of the evening-prix fixed. I had an appetizer of fried green tomatoes (really good and not on very many menus) that we shared. Then got the New England clam chowder that was really very very good. I have family on Cape Cod and it's up there with the best of the 'cape and it has a wonderful blend of tastes. My entree was salmon with crab on top. Excellent and cooked just perfectly. Then dessert. My friend ordered the short ribs of beef and she said they were outstanding. A great little restaurant with a quaint craftsman style exterior and enterior. Great time, excellent service and great food. Yeah, I'll go back.

• Visited November 2011