“Dogs are everywhere!!”

151 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 174 helpful votes
“Dogs are everywhere!!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We don't live near the beach, so we wanted to take our dog to the ocean to see what she thought of it all. We found Rosie's Dog Beach near our friend's house and went down to give it a try.

There were tons of dogs everywhere having a blast. Everyone was getting along and enjoying the beach and the ocean. Our dog, JoJo, decided that the ocean was a little scary and didn't want to actually go in the water, but she loved running around on the sand.

It's a great opportunity to take your animals to the beach, the only downside is that there are a ton of dogs and people down there in that narrow strip of sand. It's a shame that there are restrictions on animals on the rest of the beach because it seems as if dog owners know that picking up after your animals is part of the responsibility of owning a dog. Why segregate? Where's the doggie love?

2 Thank mauiwolf

Long Beach, California, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun in the Sun”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My dog loves to go to the dog beach because he gets to see a lot of other dogs and people! Lucky for everyone, the people of Long Beach (including myself) are rather responsible when it comes to raising dogs. It's a nice way to let my dog enjoy running around freely with new friends!

1 Thank Denise C
Morongo Valley, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“One of my dog's favorite play areas”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

To my knowledge, this is the only dog beach in LA County. My pit bull Stella really enjoys romping on the sand and in the waves as she chases a tennis ball or frisbee. During the summer, this help both of us beat the heat. Also, on some evenings, free moves are shown nearby where she can lie on a blanket with me as we watch family oriented entertainment under the stars.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank davidcatcohen
Long Beach
4 attraction reviews
“Nice dog beach”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

A great to be at the beach with your best friend. Very nice beach for our four legged friends to interact and play in the ocean. Very small waves, so not a threat to any dog. We always see all sizes of dogs getting along. Our dog love to go.

Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“DOGS LOVE IT!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I could go to this dog beach with my dog and watch the other dogs go crazy and play their hearts out. It make me so happy to see all these dogs so excited and happy. They would run into the water and come back out and chase other dogs in the sand. Some will dig holes in the sand and bury themselves in it. Others are more shy and will just stay with their owners on the beach towels while watching all the other dogs play. The beach is small. There are cones designating where dogs are not allowed to be. Just stay within the cones and you're fine. During my couple hours here, I saw all owner picking up after their dogs. Which is a good sign. I haven't seen anyone not pick up after their dog.