“Opa!”

George's Greek Cafe
Ranked #2 of 1,102 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Transit: There are multiple Transit stops surrounding our location. George's Greek Cafe is located 1 block North of the Long Beach Transit Mall and the 1st Street stop of the Metro Blue Line.
Description: George's Greek Cafe welcomes you to "a little piece of Greece in Southern California." Our family-owned business is here to provide you with high quality food, craft cocktails, and an authentic Greek dining experience. Our restaurant has remained a favorite among the locals for one reason: we never compromise on our promise to provide fresh and delicious meals in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. We continue to follow Mama Rodou's recipes, which were passed down to her from her grandmother. We use only the finest imported ingredients, such as first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil from Greece and premium, hormone-free, grass-fed lamb from New Zealand. We want to extend an open invitation to you to dine at one of our restaurants. Whether you're looking to impress a date with an intimate wine tasting, reconnecting with family over Saganaki Flaming Cheese and lamb chops, or planning the perfect wedding reception for 500 of your closest friends, we are here for you. Come in, and feel like part of the family. OPA!
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Opa!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Great little cafe on Pine Street! I enjoyed sitting at the outside bar and watching the lively street come to life for the evening. The Keftethes appetizer was absolutely out of this world! The gyro wasn't anything special, but still very tasty - and the thick Tzantziki sauce was excellent on my gyro and my fries! Friendly staff made my evening a delight - would happily return if I'm in the neighborhood again!

• Hungarian first
“Racist at best”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I'm a female airline captain who happened upon the restaurant. As I approached for a seat, a group of African Americans were also arriving. As we chatted and debated seats, I found that they were from my hometown of Houston. We agreed to join forces. I can honestly say that while our server was great, the owner opened my eyes to the utmost and most profound racism I have ever experienced. We were seated, seven long, facing the street in their designated happy hour area. Even though we were facing the busy and noisy street , we were told several times to quiet down as we were bothering the inside patrons. That was not possible as the inside patrons were, INSIDE! Every time our waitress came around, we were told by her that we were good as we were laughing, talking God, and sharing family stories, never a swear word. Every time the waitress left, the owner's wife would come by and threatened to kick us out for disturbing the inside diners. We finally gave up and went to the Rock Bottom for a much more tolerant Evening. Honestly, as a white girl who looks Irish I've never before felt the way I did tonight.This resturant was clearly and blatantly racist. As I said, I'm an airline Captain. The folks with whom I met were all
professionals in their forties and fifties. I will continue to tell this story, and I pray you will not patronize this business.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Swallker
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a lovely night there during a single days visit to Long Beach. We knew we would like it when we saw the huge mural painting of Mykonos harbour on the wall, one of favourite places. Royally hosted by Jessie who could not have been more helpful and fun. Strongly recommended.

Adelaide, Australia
“Hit the spot.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I are travelling around Cali from Australia which has a large Greek population so lots of *good* Greek food available, I was craving a decent yiros (aka Gyro) and was absolutely stunned how delicious this was. George greeted me with open arms (literally) and I felt like I was dining amongst friends and family.

Wonderful service, atmosphere, food and flavours. Thanks for satisfying my cravings.

Long Beach, California
“A safe choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

George's is always a safe choice. The lamb chops are exellent as the saganiaki appetizer. And when Georege is there himself it is even more fun. Well worth a visit every now and then.

• Visited July 2013