“Excellent falafel”

George's Greek Cafe
Ranked #2 of 1,126 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Transit: There are multiple Transit stops surrounding our location. George's Greek Cafe is located 1 block North of the Long Beach Transit Mall and the 1st Street stop of the Metro Blue Line.
Description: George's Greek Cafe welcomes you to "a little piece of Greece in Southern California." Our family-owned business is here to provide you with high quality food, craft cocktails, and an authentic Greek dining experience. Our restaurant has remained a favorite among the locals for one reason: we never compromise on our promise to provide fresh and delicious meals in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. We continue to follow Mama Rodou's recipes, which were passed down to her from her grandmother. We use only the finest imported ingredients, such as first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil from Greece and premium, hormone-free, grass-fed lamb from New Zealand. We want to extend an open invitation to you to dine at one of our restaurants. Whether you're looking to impress a date with an intimate wine tasting, reconnecting with family over Saganaki Flaming Cheese and lamb chops, or planning the perfect wedding reception for 500 of your closest friends, we are here for you. Come in, and feel like part of the family. OPA!
Reviewed April 28, 2013

As a vegetarian, I'm never certain how I'll fare at a given restaurant, but Greek is usually pretty good. This time I got a falafel sandwich with a side salad. Both were quite good! The falafel had a bit of spice to it, which was nice. Great location and service. I would definitely recommend eating here if you're in the neighborhood.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My favorite Greek restaurant, period, and one of my favorite restaurants in Long Beach of any kind! Friendly service, and delicious avgolemono (chicken & egg soup) and grilled swordfish dishes. Efkaristo!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

went there for lunch with my two daughters. lovely, ample food. nice staff, especially a young man of Vietmanese decent.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was disappointed that this restaurant was not as good as the one that used to be, or maybe still is, on Pine St. downtown. I much prefer Athens West on Main Street in Seal Beach--their food is always delicious.

1  Thank AmeliaAirheart
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We were a party of 6 for dinner on Wed, Apr 3rd. I had my car valet-parked by an outfit servicing the adjacent restaurant. George's Greek is unpretentious and homey. Server was helpful and had probably worked there for many years, given her relaxed and welcoming manner. We had the classics --- salads, souvlaki, etc. They did not disappoint. Prices are reasonable. I would highly recommend this place.