“Excellent food and very cheap”
Review of Star of Siam

Star of Siam
Ranked #508 of 1,120 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We visit Long beach at least once every year to see our friends. Last year they took us to this restaurant which is within walking distance of their house and it was really good. We ate outside in the garden area, the food was extremely god value for money and well served. I tried the plum wine which I couldn't get enough of and the service was fast and friendly.

There are newer reviews for Star of Siam

Reviewed April 27, 2010

We love this restaurant!!!!! The food is amazing. Its intimate and quaint and the food always meets our expectations! We're locals so we stroll in for a sit down every now and then during the week and enjoy it very much.

Reviewed November 24, 2008

I tried Star of Siam because it is nearby, has an interesting menu and a friend loves it. We had a late lunch and were the only ones on the cute patio. There are nice tropical plants and a fountain (that needs some Lime-Away) outdoors and plush, richly colored decor inside. It's a family-run place and the people are friendly and charming.

We started with their "OC Weekly Award-Winning" Lychee Martini. It was really good and beautifully presented with an orchid. For lunch, we had the green papaya salad (delicious) and the red curry with added tofu and mixed veggies. The curry was good, but we specifically asked for "hot and spicy", even going so far as to say, "Pretend we're not 2 white girls". It was sweet rather than spicy. We doctored it up with the hot sauce that comes with the little condiment tray, but it would have been nice to have our request honored. They serve brown rice if you want it, which is a nice touch.

The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner and doesn't close between the two. They also offer local delivery, but there is often about a one hour wait, so plan ahead.

I would go there again but make it clear that I want my food hot rather than sweetened/"whitified".

2  Thank NativeCalGal
Reviewed August 25, 2008

My husband and I always enjoyed our meals here but recently it has been goind downhill. They seem be be gettier stinger and stinger with any meats on their dishes. We recently orderd a chicken fried rice and a vegetable fried rice. I kid you not, there were only 5 little pieces of chicken in one dish and the vegetable dish had 3 little brocolis and 2 corns and one snow pea! How ridiculous is that. Poor customer service when it comes to complaints. We won't be giving our business to them anymore.

1  Thank LongBeachSP