“My Coffee Cup Had a Picture of a Fuzzy Little Chicken, but Otherwise--Great!”
Review of Rick and Brian's Cafe - CLOSED

Rick and Brian's Cafe
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Long Beach, CA
“My Coffee Cup Had a Picture of a Fuzzy Little Chicken, but Otherwise--Great!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This used to be a greasy spoon, and the spoons aren't as greasy anymore. Nice place to go for breakfast. The coffee's passable, but the eggs and such are great, and the menu is not limited. Nice servers. They don't have their logo on the coffee cups but instead have an eclectic collection of mugs that resembles my own cupboard (except I don't have anything with sappy poems or fairies). And they have grits as a side dish!

• Visited April 2013

So. Cal
“Original Diner with Outstanding Food and Service”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

In an old shopping center so looks are deceiving but the food and service make up for it. I had the San Franciscan Burger with fries and it was the best parmesean sourdough bread I have ever had. It melts in your mouth good. My husband had the ultimate omlette served with homefries(choice from 4 items) and sourdough bread again with a choice from 4 items. I don't know how this place isn't rated higher. Maybe its because its dated looking inside but if you look past that and want excellent food and friendly wait staff then you need to come here. Some have worked here for over 30 years. You can tell they love their job and care about you.

1 Thank TiffnDave
Dallas, Texas
“Nostalgic and friendly comfort food in the heart of Long Beach”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

When I travel, I always find myself trying to find a few local restaurants that will be different from the national chains.
So I was visiting LA and looking for local dining when I came across Rick and Brian's in the heart of Long Beach. Not too far from the freeways, but not too close either.
Shannon was the server who knew all the regulars, but makes you feel like you are too.
Breakfast anytime. Burgers, chops, salads, fajitas, spaghetti, enchiladas, fettuccini, and Stir-fry and several comfort foods that made it hard to choose.
It was well worth the detour to experience Rick and Brian's Cafe.

• Visited August 2012