Open today: 8:30 AM - 11:30 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Sunseeker Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Sunseeker Tours
from $129.00
from $149.00
from $129.00
from $149.00
More Info
All reviews day tour hollywood sign beverly hills venice beach rodeo drive mel's diner los angeles great tour hollywood boulevard driver john chinese theatre wealth of knowledge booked this tour dropped off la tour griffith park would highly recommend this tour
Reviewed February 25, 2017

Took this tour on a rainy day in Feb. Tour guide was informative. Only nine others on the tour.
Toured all over the city and beaches.
The guide posted a sign in the van stating (not a direct quote) " If you found the guide did a good job a 15% tip is appropriate".
I always thought tipping was up to the customer! Hopefully the owners of the company read this review and have a word with the driver!

Management response:Responded February 27, 2017

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Warm regards,
Sean Shans / president.

Reviewed February 22, 2017 via mobile

This was a great tour and our driver/tour guide Alberto was awesome!!! He was very knowledgeable and entertaining. Definitely worth the value.
Alberto thank you for your hard work and dedication.

1  Thank Lucas G
Management response:Responded February 27, 2017

Many thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed February 17, 2017

I booked a tour for three of my family members through Sunseeker Tours and would give the company a 1.5 star for misleading advertising practices, and 4.5 stars for the actual tour, which averages out to 3 stars.

Let me explain - I purchased a Groupon for Sunseeker Tours, and planned a trip for my family to come visit LA for a few days - I figured we'd stay in Long Beach as its fairly close to Disneyland (Anaheim) and where I needed to be for work at my client. My family wanted to go on a tour of LA / Hollywood, and in my research I stumbled across a Groupon for Sunseeker Tours, which is based out of LB - perfect! I purchased the Groupon, booked our hotel in LB, and a few days before they had wanted to go on the tour, gave the company a call.

The person (owner ?) who answered let me know that he (1) doesn't book people with Groupons on the tour until the day before the tour if and ONLY IF there's extra space available that he can't fill with the full-price $100 tickets and (2) that it's high season and SUPER BUSY he's basically always sold out and can rarely honor Groupons. It sounded fishy to me since it was the middle of February, not summertime or near major holidays but whatever. I called him several times to determine availability (which he always responded that they were packed) and finally, he said that he could squeeze in 3 of my family members two days later, but would only be able to honor 2 of the 3 Groupons I purchased and I had to pay $100 - the full price for the last ticket. I was fine with that, since we really had no options then and I didn't want to drop them off in Hollywood for the other tour companies. I then had to go through the hassle of contacting Groupon for a refund of the last ticket.

So here's the crazy part - when my family actually went on the tour - they were the only ones! Yep - not another soul on their mini-tour bus. According to the driver, this was the low season and they didn't have any other tourists booking trips for that day. After this experience, I felt like this company only uses Groupon for free advertising and will say that the users need to buy full-price tickets through them, no matter how full or empty the tour is. I understand how Groupon can sometimes give business owners an overwhelming amount of traffic (not the case here) and also the need for small businesses to generate revenue (especially during low season) but being misleading should not be the approach.

For people who plan their trips around staying in Long Beach and paying the Groupon rate for this tour, its frustrating that they give you such a hard time to honor the Groupon.

With that said, from what my family told me, the driver John was wonderful. He took them to the places listed on the website (but they were not able to enter Griffith Observatory due to an event being there), provided a lot of fun and interesting information and was generally all-around very attentive. If you read their TripAdvisor reviews like I did, you'll see that the guides are generally very good. My recommendation is just to proceed with caution if you want to get the Groupon Deal ($60 instead of $100) and have to deal with the headache of going back and forth with the owner on whether he'll honor the Groupon.

2  Thank MangoLish
Management response:Responded February 19, 2017

My advise: Its always good to read and understand the fine prints of any deals that you might purchase online , first!!!!
You seem to be amazing with"" writing"" dear!!
its time to improve your reading skills, as well!!
Good luck!

Reviewed February 6, 2017

We took the one day tour of L.A. We had John as our guide, he was great, very knowledgeable and friendly. Got a lot of sightseeing done!

Date of experience: January 2017
Management response:Responded February 7, 2017

It was a pleasure to have you on our tour.

Reviewed February 5, 2017

We stayed on the queen Mary, long beach and wanted a 'whistle stop' cinematic tour- this day filled the bill and more, our guide- I think Roberto- was engaging, warm funny highly informative and interacted with us all, my son aged 20 was kept amused and entertained . I lovedhis choice of music for the tour and we all sang along to what lyrics we could remember! We attempted to answer his quiz celebrity questions but a lady on our bus could have entered 'mastermind' on film as she knew most of the answers, luckily there did not seem to be a prize....or was there? ....
The only contribution my husband was able to make was regarding the history of the queen Mary and though I hate to say it ....roberto, he was right! According to the author James Steele published by Phaidon (page 25) 'for nearly three years the queen Mary's silent hull formed a second horizon on clydebank dwarfing the works of John brown and company where construction has ceased in December 1931. Here (ie the photograph in the book) the shipyard workers March back into action after a government subsidy allowed work on the ship to resume in April 1934'.
This aside This day was rip roaring and fun, never a dull minute despite the traffic I would recommend it to everyone! You will get all the photographic opportunities for the memories you want to share, you will see so much more than listed on the tour,

thanks Roberto! You were the brightest star of all!!

Date of experience: January 2017
Management response:Responded February 7, 2017

I,m glad you had a great time. Hope to see you guys again soon.