“The rich are different from you and me”
Review of Naples Island

Naples Island
Ranked #4 of 86 things to do in Long Beach
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and I enjoy strolling along the waterfront, admiring the multi-million dollar homes with yachts docked right in front. It's a place to indulge your "when we win the lottery" fantasies. Beautiful, quiet, serene. Often there are small sailboats racing in the bay, and occasionally a powerful muscle boat will glide by with throbbing engines. Wonderful!

If you are driving, park in the free lot just east of the yacht club.

4  Thank JTMRPV

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I used to live very near Naples Island when I was young and to return brought back many fond memories. It is like a different world, very calm and peaceful.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I loved this little place. It was so pretty and quiet. I walked the entire canal TWICE!! So much to see. It neighbors Belmont shore which has nice restaurants. If you want to kayak the canal you have to go to Alamita Bay nearby and rent a kayak. I saw numerous tour boats. this is mostly a pedestrian trip. I brought my bike but the canal walkways are not designed for bicycling. I went on a weekday so I had no problem parking on the neighborhood streets around the canal. I could see the lights on the canal walkway so I imagine it was beautiful at night. I highly recommend this little neighborhood. There are no restaurants on the neighborhood but just a couple of blocks over is the community of Belmont shores which has fantastic restaurants. Great photo shots!!

2  Thank JenaiMorehead
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I purchased two rentals on a Groupon because it looked like fun. It was!! My husband and I went on a Friday morning so it wouldn't be as crowded. The weather was perfect. The gentleman that helped us was very nice. We opted for two seperate bikes. It doesn't take long at all to learn to control them and you never get wet! We had to purposly dip our toes in the water to get wet. The bikes get alot of attention. Everyone says, "Look! How cool is that!" We were out for an hour and wished we had another hour! It was soooo much fun!! We absolutly loved it and will absolutly be back to do it again.

1  Thank hotellover13
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We love walking the canals of Naples. It's so peaceful and the homes have such varied architecture! We enjoy the gardens and the friendly atmosphere. It's a quiet neighborhood place. But be warned: there are no restaurants on the water, just private homes. However, on 2nd St. in Naples you can enjoy eating at Michaels, K.C. Branaghans, and Nicos. There's a beach at Mother's Beach with shade, grass, a playground, a restaurant, and life guards. You can also rent kayaks, paddleboards and boats in neighboring Belmont Shore to travel through the canals. Or contact Gondola Getaway for a gondola ride ( just like Venice Italy) through the Naples Canals. Enjoy

2  Thank boloca