“Historical Rancho”

Rancho Los Cerritos
Ranked #22 of 86 things to do in Long Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in 1844, this is one of the last remaining two-story adobe structures still in existence in southern California, combining both Mexican and American architectural styles and building elements.
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This place was unknown to me and in an residential area. We went and explored the house, courtyard, and workers areas. It was interesting to see how things worked back in those days.

1  Thank ClassyJewel

Reviewed June 25, 2014

If you are history buffs, or if you'd like your kids to realize that life was important before computers and cell phones, frequent this little slice of history from our Native Americans to our Mexican and Spanish settlers. A gorgeous example and wonderful guides.

1  Thank Michelle P
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Real early California rancho, bought by the Bixby family who once owned almost all of Long Beach-- and Lakewood, Downey, and tens of thousands of acres here. Docents will explain the early 1800s way of life, for any donation you care to give. Great bookstore-- but "Adobe Days" for a daughter's-eye view of early Long Beach/Los Angeles life.

1  Thank ANonyMouse45
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Long Beach was once two Ranchos: Rancho Los Cerritos, and Rancho Los Alamitos. History has been captured for the generations to come as you wander through the residences, stables, barns, and grounds. Great place for a family outing. It is a popular destination of Long Beach school children

Reviewed May 13, 2014

1st off my GPS system told me to turn right at the golf course but you need to go a little further down the road. If you need handicap parking it is to the right up the hill otherwise the parking is on the left and you walk up. I understand on weekends they have people dress up in the late 1800s and early 1900s. I would recommend that you call ahead to make sure you get on a tour. The guided tour last about an hour. We had Carol as our guide and she was greatest. Rancho Los Cerritos is only open Wednesday though Sunday, I can't remember the time but I think it was 1 to 5 pm. You can't miss with free parking and free guided tour. I thought we would maybe spend 30 minutes here but spent almost 2 hours. DON'T MISS THIS ONE!

3  Thank Gene G