“Trendy Long Beach Harbor Hotel”

Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Long Beach
Long Beach, California
“Trendy Long Beach Harbor Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The Hotel Maya is trendy, modern and classy. Wonderful views of the Long Beach harbor. Fuego, the restaurant on site has an elaborate mix of food and beverages inspired by an array of Latin American cultures.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ALEX T
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thanks for the wonderful comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Korean first
Riverside, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Thank you for the ease of reserving the room and check-in/check-out. When I called to add my husband's HHonors number to my reservation, it was done without complaint and I received a confirmation e-mail immediately. I was even offered a cookie upon check-out. I loved the walkway along the harbor. The food was delicious, both at the conference and the room service. The crab cakes were probably the best I've had, including mine. :o) The staff at the buffet was very attentive, but not intrusive. You educate your staff very well to achieve your desired outcomes.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank Phyllis R
Thank you so much for the great feedback. I will definitely share your comments with my banquet team who serviced your events. Come back soon.
Northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Hotel Maya for the second time in Nov. of 2013 for a conference. From check in to check out, every staff member I came into contact with was so helpful and always smiling. My room was beautiful-- clean, view of water and comfortable bed. I slept so well while there. The food I ate while attending the conference on site was very good. When I return to Long Beach, I look forward to staying here again. It's also a nice walk to the Queen Mary.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank OnTheHill33
Thanks for the great feedback on your stay and meeting here. Hope to see you back here again soon!
Bakersfield, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Considering the location, this is a nice hotel to stay at. The restaurant is very nice and the staff very friendly. As for the rooms, the A/C heating system is a little bit old and might need an update as it is a quit loud to my taste. I once stayed in a room during the winter and was not able to heat the room as much as I wanted...I can only imagine how it would be for that specific room during the hot summer days. Over all, it is a nice hotel for the price and I would recommend it for anyone who needs more than a simple room to stay (i.e: volleyball court, tennis court, swimming pool, ocean view and much more).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank Housseynou S
Thank you for the feedback. We are aware of our older style AC units however many of them are new units but because they are not digital, people think they are old. The building is not constructed to permit current technology in AC units though we are working on alternative solutions. We hope to see you back here again soon.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I am a very hard guest to properly please. I usually only review for the really good and really bad hotels, because I stay at too many hotels that are just "normal"- the Hiltons that tick all the boxes but don't make me excited to come back. But Hotel Maya is not one of the "normal" hotels. They exceeded my expectations! I can't wait to come back.

PROS-
*AMAZING STAFF. every single staff member stepped it up and were nice and went out of their way to help, from before I arrived when i asked for a reduction in the parking cost since I am a gold and would be staying for a minimum of a week. they agreed.
*check in staff were happy, upbeat and wanting to do anything and everything even though it was late and I was the last person he was checking in before clocking out
*I ended up staying for 2 weeks, and the breakfast staff remembered us by the second day, and by the third day they remembered us by name, and if a certain ingredient we usually had with our breakfast wasn't out at the buffet they would go and get it for us without bother.
*breakfast was large, tasty, and had lots of varieties, and as a gold I was able to get the hot breakfast, which is a BIG positive in my book!- I always looked forward to it
*We would eat our breakfast inside by the window then move out to the outdoor eating area and sit on the end having a coffee and muffin looking out of the water in warm weather in December! such a nice atmosphere
*we had a balcony that overlooked the water!
*shades actually blacked out the room (pet peeve of mine if they don't)
*espresso machine in the room was great for the morning
*desk was great to work at
*comfortable beds
*the pool, hot tub, cabanas and fire places were amazing.
*you can buy Smore ingredients from the store and they give you sticks. So you can go straight from a swim, to the hot tub, to one of multiple fireplaces to relax with friends stay warm, and cook Smores. what fun!
*you are right on the water, and there is a nice walk along there
*nice bar atmosphere for the evening
*I'm sure theres more I'm forgetting!

CONS-
*Hotel can be a little tricky to find, either way that you come in I ended up getting lost the first couple times, even with google maps instructing me... but they do have a sign at one point, just look it up beforehand
*hotel charges for parking. Now most hotels in the LA area charge, so thats just something you need to be prepared for, but something to bear in mind.
*walls are a little thin. I've had way worst, but if people are having a loud conversation, or kids are there you can hear them, but it never became an issue

I would highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: building 4 is at the end, closest to the water and close to pool. best building in my opinion. Wa...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank travellerAk2NZ
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for the fantastic comments. We are truly working on improving our desk service so I was so happy to read your comments. You really "got" the hotel and what is so special about the Maya with the waterfront location, fire pits, etc. I will certaibnly pass on your great comments for the team and we look forward to your return.
Jersey City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Came for a friends birthday party and stayed for 3 nights! Could not have asked for a more enjoyable stay. Very friendly staff and very relaxing amenities. The Hotel Bar and bartenders were so much fun.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

2 Thank Jonathan B
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thanks for the amazing comments. We enjoyed having all of you. We suggest celebrating his 51st here as well!!!!!!!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Loved this place. It was on the water and the rooms were very spacious. The beds were comfortable too. We came for a birthday party that was being held there at the hotel and man oh man was it top notch. The staff was wonderful. And of course the cookies were a plus.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Vicky Q
Thank you for the feedback. We really loved having you all here for Oscar's birthday. We hope to have you all return soon.