“Lovely room fantastic view”

Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed here for three nights on honeymoon a really nice hotel room was lovely had a fantastic view of the queen Mary ship from our balcony,the reception staff had put a bottle of fizz and some chocs in our room to congratulate us on our wedding (nice touch).We didn't eat in the hotel so I can't comment on the food,if you go out of the hotel and follow the patch they have a small sanded area with chairs and further on a pool.At night there is a free bus in the hotel car park that picks you up and you can get off at different locations I think they run every 15 mins as the hotel is about 15 mins on bus out of town.Cant fault hotel room cleaned everyday would love too stay again.

Room Tip: Try and ask for a room with a view of the water front a fantastic relaxing view with a view of queen...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thanks for the great comments and congratulations!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I've had the opportunity to stay at Hotel Maya twice in the past 2 years already. This place does not disappoint! The staff was amazing, as were the rooms! My friends and I stayed in the garden facing room each time. This past March we were on the first floor, even though it's a garden facing room you have a beautiful view of the water and city as well.
The surrounding area of the hotel is beautiful as well, the pool, floating cabanas, fire pit...basically paradise.
I absolutely LOVE the cookies that they have freshly baked each day for the guests, they are AMAZING! I miss them! haha
Great location, we didn't hit much traffic during our 10 day stay there, and it's fairly close to LA and Huntington Beach which were where most of our time was spent, about 30 mins each way from Long Beach.
Oh and luckily this past March they had a wicked 50% off sale on the rooms so we definitely scored a great price on our stay!
I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thanks for the amazing review! We are so glad you liked it. Sign up on our hotelmayalongbeach.com to get special emails with discounted rates throughout the year. Come back again for the third time soon!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Outdated furnishings. Grounds and rooms were dirty, although linens were good. I was on the back side (non-water view) next to a highway and some kind of industrial site. It was SO, noisy I could barely sleep. When the alarm (that I did NOT set) went off at 6:00 am I just got up and left. Also, because this is a wedding venue, the hallways are noisy with party-goers very late. I was disappointed to have used up valuable Hilton points on this hotel.

Room Tip: Water view might be less noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

I am so sorry to hear about your stay. We certainly strive to make all of our guests happy and especially our Honors guests. Please contact me directly at kristi.allen@hilton.com so we can discuss your stay. We just finished earlier in the month doing our deep cleaning of the entire hotel where we hire an outside company to come in and deep clean all carpets and furniture in all guest rooms so there shouldnt have been a cleanliness issue. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed at the Maya during our daughter's wedding last week. I think this is the best hotel we have ever visited. The service at the front desk was fast friendly and helpful. Room service was incredibly fast, thanks to Sal. The breakfasts were amazing, egg white omelets! We had an amazing view of the Queen Mary, we just loved our five day stay here. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are so happy your daughter got married here and that you had an amazing stay. We strive to make sure everyone feels that way. I will pass on your comments to Sal as well. Come back again!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is really nice hotel tucked away in Long Beach. The hotel staff was excellent. The room was nice The view from the room was beautiful. I had a view of the Queen Mary and Shoreline Village. Overall, I had a great stay and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the wonderful comments...We are tucked away like a beautiful gem but we love when people discover us like you did. Come back soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

First off, I have stayed at MANY Hilton hotels over the years, and am a HUGE fan1
I had about a 2 week stay at this hotel. Unfortunately I had a room on the ground floor and directly across from the elevator and the main entry to the other rooms. I found that the hotel is very noisy in the hall ways and noise travels due to the age of the building. Definitely a hot spot for weddings and parties.
I also could hear any movement in the room above and on the sides of me. Which made for rather early mornings. The room had a dingy smell to it, and the air conditioner is very loud.

I didn't change rooms because I was expecting my handicap mother to be visiting and she is unable to walk too much. I dined at the breakfast and it was not good, tasted like food had been sitting there for hours. The room service food was good. The service was excellent as it always is at a Hilton Hotel. The area is amazing, great views.
Overall I am left with a mixed feeling regarding this particular Doubletree. Don't think I'd stay again, as there are many other choices within the same area. I suppose they would be quieter.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am dissapointed as well as we want all of our guests to leave completely satisfied! I wish you would have requested a room move as we would have been more than happy to move you to a room you were happier with. We can be very active as we book many celebrations here due to our beautiful waterfront setting and well known high quality of food. We do have quieter rooms available when we know people want to be away from the action in the main building. I hope you do come back and try us again so we can make sure you get a room that fits your needs.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Maya is right on the water within walking distance of the bridge that takes you right into the downtown and all the attractions, like the aquarium, restaurants, museums, etc. A bit pricy, but lots of amenities, like pool, restaurant and even a sand beach with fire pits at night to keep warm while watching the city lights sparkle on the water. There is a nice walkway that runs all the way to the Queen Mary, as well as the cruise ship terminal. Try breakfast on the outside patio watching the birds on the water as well as an occasional sea lion sunning himself on the nearby floating boat docks. Breakfast burrito is huge but will set you back $20.

Room comes with refrigerator and sliding glass door for easy access to the outside or a personal patio. Well insulated...even an all night action movie with helicopters, explosions and gunfire did not spoil our rest.

Room Tip: Try for a water/city view...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thanks for the great comments! Hope to see you back soon!