“Average stay for outrageous prices”

Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The view was beautiful as we knew it would be. The price for the hotel room was astronomical, even with an event block for a wedding. The bar is quite swanky and was enjoyable to be around, however, the $43/person we paid for with Brunch was outrageous. The only getting past this was the bottomless mimosas that helped medicated a sore wound. I would recommend the rooms/stay, but beware- you will be nickled and dimed to death from the parking, to the prices of water!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you liked the hotel and swanky restaurant. I noticed you are from Denver and quite often out of state visitors are surprised by California prices, especially along the waterfront. We certainly try our best to communicate all of our prices on our webistes and menus, etc but I will review with my team to ensure that everything is current.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel was great. Staff friendly. Neighbors were a little loud the first night, but settled in after that. Had a canine companion. There was plenty of open area to walk her. The staff was very friendly with her. Small elevator intimidated her, but there were plenty of stairs to resolve that issue. Andrew took care of us to ensure I could enjoy the fine Feugo restaurant with my canine companion while ensuring that the dog did not disturb any other guests. (Nice area on the patio away from others.)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Glad you and your dog had a great time at Hotel maya. We are dog-friendly as long as guests tell us they have dogs so we can properly deep clean the room afterwards. With our 11 acre property, there is plenty of space for both dogs and guests to roam. Come back again soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I decided to take my mom away for a night to help her de-stress and this place could not have been more perfect! Wonderful staff, beautiful location, great food and facilities. I only live 40 min away from this place but I would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Sounds wonderful! We are so glad you both got to destress a bit. Come back soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because of a wedding. The rooms were average but the price was high. The staff was excellent taking care of any and all requests. The next morning a large group attended the brunch. The food was above par but again we all felt that the price for what you got was on the high side. Again the staff was excellent. I have to say that I do not believe I would stay at this hotel again. My reasoning is because of the cost value. For the cost I will shop around to see what else would be at there .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for the comments and I am so glad you loved the staff and had great service in hotel and Fuego. I welcome you to shop around and find a better hotel in Long Beach with our unique product and great service. You'll be back!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This Hotel is an amazing! You almost feel like you are on an Island someone where. We had an Ocean view room with a beach area to lounge at just a few feet away. Our friends really enjoyed the visit. Very Romantic setting as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

and we love you too!!!! So glad you loved your stay with us. As you live not too far away, we hope you come back and visit us again soon! We make the perfect staycation.

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We stay here October 5th night before our cruise. All girl vacation started off perfect thanks to Hector the pool bartender. He was friendly, fun, and a great drink maker. Our room was clean and with a cool vibe. We had appetizers in the bar in the restaurant. Yummy yum and my kids wanted room service so we had bacon, fruit and the best vanilla ice cream I ever had (lol go figure). The only downside was I could hear construction or cranes next door. I am a light sleeper and it did stop around midnight. I would stay again in fact I will only stay here next time I cruise. And the fresh bake chocolate chip cookies were awesome. Thank you also to all the friendly staff

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Sounds like a fun girls trip...I will pass along the comments to Hector as well. :)

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Came here with my family (3 sisters, dad, and grandparents). We booked two rooms balcony Water-view. The rooms were identical, the "water-view" was more of a view of the pool, but not bad nonetheless. We were also first floor which made for each access. The hotel is very beautifully kept, everything is impeccable. We observed two weddings during our 3 night stay, and for good reason, the grounds are very pretty and ideal for a wedding. We also dined at the restaurant for dinner one night, and while pricey, was very good. Overall this was a pleasant stay, certainly very good for the price point.

Stayed: October 2013

So happy to hear you had a great family stay. We do tons of reunions, big and small as the hotel is perfect for socializing at the fire pits and couches throughout the property. Come back again soon!