“Great Bay Side Retreat”

Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a great, quiet spot with a view of the bay, the Queen Mary and Long Beach harbor. The water side pool and bar & restaurant have amazing views. The rooms was nice and quiet. Although the bathroom is small they are newly renovated.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thanks for the great comments!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Maya for a couple nights after our cruise to the Mexican Riviera. The hotels location is ideal as it is within walking distance to all the attractions on the waterfront. Our room was very clean and nicely decorated. The grounds to the hotel are very pretty at night I loved the lights and the fire pits. We would definitely stay here again! Don't forget to get a warm cookie at the front desk :-)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Who doesnt love the warm chocolate chip cookie? We are so glad you liked you post cruise stay and enjoyed the pretty property. Come back again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel staff was outstanding, friendly, and courteous. They made you feel welcomed.

The hotel is very nice, clean, nice landscape and a great view of the Queen Mary and LB Harbor.

Long Beach is a great city to visit. They have a free Passport bus line. It takes you all over downtown for FREE. Clean Hybrid buses.

LB also has a water taxi that picks you up right at the Hotel. It cost a $1.00 and takes you to several points or you can just stay on board and take in a nice view of the harbor and the Queen Mary

Room Tip: As for a Eastern view of the harbor. If you are lucky you will be looking directly at the Queen Mar...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

I am glad you liked the staff as we love our guests as well. One of our other favoriate things is the water taxi as well. The dollar boat ride is just as fun as a bay cruise and the free busses take you everywhere in downtown. Where else can you say that. Come back and explore again!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Although the Maya has a few problems their staff is not one of them. They are always, courteous, friendly and efficient. Every request I made was taken care of, including dickering over where my room was located.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the great comments on staff and hotel. Come back soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed two nights at the hotel and had a beautiful room facing the water. We had reserved the hotel through the site on the Internet and were very pleased with the check-in. The room was very large with a king bed and a sofa. The bathroom is very small but there was space for everything. The air conditioner was so loud, especially on the balcony, that we couldn't even talk. It was also loud in the room when it went on. The front desk called to see if everything was OK and I told them about the air conditioner. They told me that all of them were like that and sent up an electrician to look at it. He came almost immediately and told us all the compressors are that loud and then showed us how to turn it off. That worked fairly well but I mentioned to the front desk when I left that I thought a place as nice as this should not have box air conditioners and they should be regulated by temperature. She told me that they were in the process of doing just that. I also feel that there is no need to charge $19 a night for parking. The hotel is not in a crowded area. In fact, there is little around. There is plenty of parking space so I don't see why there is a charge. The restaurant was very nice. As a gold Hilton member I was also pleased to get free breakfast tickets which gave us a beautiful buffet. We ate one other meal there and the food was very good, although a bit pricey. Overall, it was a good experience and we were very happy we went.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We love our Hilton Honors memebers! Thank you for the comments. As the hotel was originally built back in the 70's the design does not easily provide for a different type of AC unit very well. The AC's are new but of an older design and yes are louder than what most are used to now. We are looking at changing the systems which will mean we will have to totally redesign the windows and rooms at some point to accomodate for a different system. Hope to see you back here again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The maya hotel is wonderful. I love the mini beach and fire pits the most. Staff was excellent. Location provided any excellent view of Long Beach, CA. I only wish the carpet was cleaner in my bedroom entrance and the parking garage exit ticketing system worked only 10% of the time for my room key. These items were minor comparied to the view.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Excellent! We love that you love it. The parking fills up entirely as we are located right next to the Queen Mary a very busy tourist destination. If we didnt charge the lot would be full daily and we would have no space for any guests. There is an alternative public lot on the other side of the residence inn, right down the street and some street parking next to the Reef restaurant.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Maya for 2 nights deciding it was where I wanted to be on my last night as a bachelorette. From my first visit, I fell in love with the decor & the entire aesthetic of the place. I loved that it was by water, they had a beautiful lobby, great margaritas at the bar & a beach! Even the bathrooms were beautiful & I wanted to share that with my bridal party.

The room was a bit smaller than expected. I had a Queens view but no balcony. It's a bit pricy even at a discounted price but it is a boutique hotel, so it's to be expected. The staff were friendly, the bellboy helped us with our bags. Bonus: each guest will receive a delicious cookie upon check-in & check-out too!

Note: It is $19 for parking

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Congratulations on your wedding and thank you for spending your last single night with us!