Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
$134
AscendHotels
$169
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $205/night.

$157
$123
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $203/night.

$239
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Of Long Beach(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$140
$169
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $266/night.

The Queen Mary(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Room Service
$159
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

$167
$161
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

Best Western Golden Sails Hotel(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$159
1,883 results
All reviewsfuego restaurantwarm cookieshookah loungedouble treequeen marywater viewfire pitdowntown long beachbeautiful hotelwater taxifree shuttlepre cruiseacross the bridgecarnival cruisehotel restaurantupon checkdowntown area
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Decided to use my Hilton hotel points to get a waterview room. The first night I was in a room with no balcony but pretty view of the Queen Mary. I upgraded $20 to a room with a balcony and was glad I did that on the 2nd night. Very relaxing to sit out on the balcony watching the boats go by. The room was nicely appointed with free Wi-Fi, fridge, safe and a Keurig Coffee Maker. A good cup of coffee makes the start of the day so much better. :) The bathrooms were small and not much space for your personal items, but there was a little shelf you can use in the corner. The hotel was far from restaurants except for a steakhouse within walking distance. However, the hotel restaurant and outside bar area looked very nice, but I didn't go there. Room service food was good. There is a Passport shuttle bus at the end of the hotel's property that comes by every 15-30 minutes that goes downtown (across the bridge) and has numerous stops (free). Very easy to use. If you enjoy walking or jogging, there's a pretty area between the hotel and Queen Mary on the waterfront. Also there's a sandy area with some lounge chairs, tables, and fire pits that are lit at night. Nice ambiance.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room with a balcony. Views of Queen Mary is very nice,especially at night.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thanks for the great feedback. I am glad you upgraded to a balcony room as it makes a huge difference to enjoy the view and peacefulness of the water. You will have to try our signature restaurant Fuego next visit on the waterfront as it is spectacular both in food and views. See you soon!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My last two experiences with a DoubleTree have been less than stellar. This stay broke that streak. This is a great pre-cruise hotel (if you're sailing on Carnival, the port is super close, but we sailed on Princess - the port is about 7 miles away) as it sets the the mood since the hotel is on the water.

The rooms are quite large and well decorated. I had a room that was on the ground floor and had it's own patio with chairs and a table. The reservation was secured on Hotwire for around $90. As in the other DT hotels I've stayed in, the room smelled of mildew. Must be a Hilton standard.

I found that Housekeeping was quite noisy in the morning. Lot's of talking and yelling beginning at 8am. There was also some concrete drilling that began at around 8am. It didn't bother me as I was already awake but it seems that the management could easily fix this.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for the feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please email me at kristi.allen@hilton.com with your room number or name so that I may follow up on the mildew smell which is definitely not our standard and i certainly apologize if that was in fact the case in your room. We hope your crusie travels bring you back to Hotel Maya for another stay soon!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Looking for a spot in Long Beach that has access to just about everything? The Hotel Maya is near the Queen Mary, close to downtown and a short jaunt to the USS Iowa. The rooms are roomy with free Wi-Fi to keep in touch and a balcony to relax on. The Keurig coffeemaker made the start-up in the morning easy. Staff was very pleasant and the restaurant was good. The only negative is the fee for parking overnight. Even with that, if you are planning a trip to the Long Beach area, give this place some serious consideration.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the harbor. Great view!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thanks for the great review...we agree that we are prefectly located int he heart of everything but just a little out of the way of the hustle and bustle. Glad you discovered us and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was dissapointed with my stay here. The first impression is good; nice lobby and outdoor spaces, it's the apartment-style buildings the rooms are housed in show their age and are unattractive in my personal opinion. I found the elevator and stairwells frightening (in a dark and dingy sort of way) when I was by myself.
The room itself is just okay, not near the caliber of other hotels I stayed in during my 2 wks in the California area. I booked through Booking.com and had a confirmed rate and tax amount outlined in my confirmation, but was overcharged on both the nightly rate and the tax amount and am still awaiting a refund. I have now put it in the hands of Booking.com to resolve with them. Not at all worth almost $300 for a one night stay. The room was water-facing and we listened to old boats rubbing up against the dock all night as well as other random loud noises making for a terrible nights' sleep. I wish I hadn't paid extra to book a water view room, I probably would have had a better stay in a cheaper room with less noise. The parking charge ($19) is high considering you're in the middle of no-where - talk about gouging! There are no on-street parking options... so if you have a car be prepared to pay. Keeping in mind you pretty much have to have a vehicle to stay here as there is nothing around. This hotel was the most outdated and least enjoyable of our vacation, yet somehow but the most expensive. I would not return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. As you booked through booking.com and not through the hotel, all of your rate, payment and stay info comes through them so we really arent able to make any adjsutments to your bill, only they are. It is wise to get them to fix it if there was an error between what you agreed on and what they told us. I always recommend booking through the hotel directly to avoid such issues. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to respond and will review your experience with our team to see if we can address your issues with the stairways. Thanks again!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Attended a conference and made reservation within the time limit to get a discounted rate. Nevertheless, a different discounted rate (less favorable) was offered and accepted. At check out, the second discounted rate was not reflected and I had to prove the hotel (chain's) promise to have the better rate honored. Hotel staff was great, but seemed constrained by rigid corporate policies. It would have been better to honor the originally offered conference rate with a reservation made within the time limits.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for any confusion over your reservation. Please email me directly at kristi.allen@hilton.com so I may look into what happened and correct it for future reservations. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again.