“Feels like you on an island! Love it!”

Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Long Beach
“Feels like you on an island! Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Hubby and i stayed here for Valentine's day we gota room with a harbor view and it was beautiful. The view the room the balcony were all I could have hoped for. Very romantic, we were above alil waterfall they have in the garden and it made it all the more peaceful. Could fall asleep to that sound. Very happy and we will return again.

• Stayed February 2013
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Happy Valentine's day! It sounds like you stayed in Buiilding one as you were able to enjoy the waterfall...Next time try building 3 or 4 to enjoy our even more romantic beach and fire pits. The Hookah lounge is really romantic as well and fun when you try the Hookah with our resident Hookah expert.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Korean first
Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have stayed at the Maya a few times now and we love, love, love it! Great location, great rooms and always a great price! They have added a new area since we last visited that is like a sandy beach with outdoor seating and fire pits! So nice to sit out there at night and enjoy the Long Beach weather! Or even order room service and enjoy your breakfast! This hotel is perfect if you are cruising one of the Carnival ships that sail from Long Beach, the cruise terminal is within walking distance, but no need to walk, they have a great shuttle service that will take you there and pick you up when you return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We love, love, love that you loved it. Come back again soon and relax and play at the Maya....
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

The hotel was a little bit hard to find, but well worth the confusion of finding the place. I pulled in and the lobby area was beautiful. The whole decor was stunning, I felt as though they paid some bit of money to have a professional designer come in and set the lobby area. Of course the complimentary cookies are a nice touch atop the wonderful customer service. All of the staff was helpful and kind, to the degree it made me feel as though I was in Hawaii. Which brings me to the pool... AMAZING, looking right over the water and with full service, quite nice. The room was of course up to standard with the rest of the hotel. However the restaurant was beyond my expectations, and they were already high! Will definitely be coming back! KEEP IT UP MAYA!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for the great comments and I am so happy you loved it. The Maya is such a unique style hotel with it's boutique design and resort style layout...you either love it or you hate it. We are not a generic big box hotel ike the rest in town which often throws off those looking for a typical highrise with cream colored walls. It sounds like you got to enjoy the beautiful waterfront pool and our waterfront restuarant Fuego. Come back again soon!
Rowlett, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

It was bad from the start. I paid for a Balcony Ocean View room and was put on the first floor by the pool! The blanket on the bed had stains and were never changed out! The room key NEVER worked for the parking and had to go to the front desk every time I wanted in or out of the place.

Room Tip: I have no tips!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Catherine C
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am so sorry you did not like your room selection during your recent stay with us. The first floor patios and balcony rooms are considered the same room type. Most people love the pool rooms however they are not for everyone and we would have been more than happy to move you to another room had we known you did not like the room. I certainly hope you give us another chance so we may get you in a room you prefer.
jmargaux
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

First, I have to say that if I ever come back to Long Beach I would most likely stay at the Hotel Maya again. I really enjoyed the location. I could see the Queen Mary and other cruise ships from my room. I loved going on walks and crossing the bridge toward downtown Long Beach. Parking was a bit expensive, but it was easy getting in and out. The pool area was pretty, and I'm sad that I never got a chance to relax there. Many of the employees were really helpful. The rooms were beautiful though I could have used a bit more light in the bathroom.
The reasons I didn't give it 5 stars are not all the employees were as helpful as they can be. I was inquiring about the bus service towards the convention center, and I felt like the staff person I was talking to couldn't have cared less. I enjoyed the buffet breakfast in the restaurant, but it's certainly not worth $20. I also feel like they rushed me out of there. I was doing a bit of work at the table and the check arrived before I had even finished. We had really great service in the restaurant when we had dinner there, but the food was mediocre.
The hotel is on the verge of being great. It just needs to stay consistent.

Room Tip: Water view is key
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for the great comments and constructive feedback. We really appreciate it and will follow up on the breakfast staff to slow service a bit. Many of their weekday guests are in a hurry to head to work and so they get caught up in getting people out quickly. This will be a good reminder to slow down. We are happy you liked the rest and look forward to your next stay with us.
Long Beach, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Hotel Maya in Long Beach California is a disaster of the first order. We have had the water shut off during showers and I just returned from work ran a tub of water and stepped into an ice bucket. No one knows why. I have just returned from 2 yrs of traveling, mostly 5 and 6 star resort type properties, however there were many nights in other country's where that was not the case. I have cleaner and better run properties that were barely standing. Some staff are friendly while most don't care and you can tell. They put dirty glasses in the room which we have changed again and again. We live in the area and are buying a home so we wanted some place reasonable cost wise. We are checking out will pay anything to not stay here.

Room Tip: try another hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve B
Thank you for your feedback both here and in person during your stay with us. The hot water heater breaking in your building was an unfortunate incident and our engineering team had it replaced and working within two hours but certainly not a preventable or planned incident. I certainly apologize again. We strive to exceed all of our guests expectations and our failure to meet yours was a disappointment to us all. We will certainly review all of your feedback with our staff to determine what we could do better or differently in the future.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

This Place is Awesome!!! Everything you could ever want right at your feet. The hotel and staff were Great. Everyone was very friendly, respectful, and helpful. Take advantage of the Breakfast buffet it was very good and the wait staff were on top of everything. The food in Resturaunt was very good. This is the BEST place I have ever stayed. The location and views are awesome. Free red bus to downtown. The pool and Spa area were very relaxing. I wish the pool bar would have been open, they would have made a fortune, LoL!!! I have already booked again for next year!!! I would reccomend this place to everyone. I agree with Freddie F, get the harbor room!!!

Room Tip: Select a Harbor room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
We are so happy you loved the hotel...why did you leave? Come back again soon. :)