“Great Place to Stay”

Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Maya for a couple days after a cruise out of San Pedro and just loved the place. The grounds are just beautiful and it's not your typical cookie-cutter hotels rooms. The room we had faced the water and over looked their new "Beach area". Along with the amazing views our room was very spacious and wonderfully decorated. The only thing we noticed that may bother some people is that the air conditioning unit in the room was loud. They did provide disposable ear plugs in the beside drawer although it wasn't that bad that we needed to wear them. The free bus that came every 8 to 10 minutes was a great way to see the Long Beach area if you don't have a car. Even if you have a car the bus is so convenient and runs til late at night, you really don't need to use your car while you're there.. The staff at the front desk were always polite and helpful and the freshly baked cookie on check-in was an added bonus. I would not hesitate to stay here again and look forward to doing so.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the water-view balcony the views are amazing both day and night.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Glad you enjoyed it and got a chance to explore Long beach. the ac's can get loud if you arent used to these type of units but we are working on replacing them with quieter models. Hope to see you back here again soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel was a very nice place to stay. We were only there for one night, as we went to an event at the Convention Center. But, the stay was great, except for some expected noise from several wedding parties happening at the same time. Other than that, the room was wonderful, the staff were very helpful and the grounds were relaxing. All-in-all a very nice place to stay. And the best thing is that you're still close to the downtown area and can catch the free shuttle back and forth from the hotel. And if you're inclined to walk, its only about a 15 min walk to the downtown/aquarium area. Very easy to get to. :-)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for the good comments and very happy you got to explore the many fun attractions around the hotel ike the aquarium and shoreline village. Hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I chose the Hotel Maya because of its proximity to the Long Beach Cruise Terminal. I had no idea what to expect. I soley relied on other peoples feedback.I booked 3 rooms for my self and family. I was pleasantly surprised. What a lovely spot. Next to the Queen Mary. The free RED bus will take to downtown Long Beach if you want to look around. The grandkids loved the pool while the adults loved the beach area with the pit fires which they light up at dusk. The rooms were clean and the beds comforable. We had a view of the harbour which made it all the more exciting when we woke in the morning and saw the Carnival Splendor docked. All in all I would stay there again in a heart beat. My only bad thing was I pre paid for the rooms and on checkout I used the ATM in the foyer and found the Maya had charged me for a second time. They were very good and transferred the money straight away. But the actual hold on the original sum did not lift for 2 weeks. I am just glad I did not need that money whilst on holiday.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for the great comments...we are perfect for kids and adults alike with all of our activities ranging from the pool, beach, tennis courts and firepits to the bocce ball and bike rentals. If you want to be active or if you want to lounge by the pool with a cocktail, the Maya fits the bill. I am happy to see your whole family enjoyed it as well. Come back soon!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I chose last minute to stay with Hotel Maya. However I had done my research before. I saw plenty of good reveiws and a few bad. However after staying myself I can say most of the negative experiences I've read about this property were highly exaggerated. The decor of my room was phenomenal. The bed was comfortable, room was spacious, beautiful view, and i didnt even stay in one of the higher end rooms! I do have one tiny request/complaint however; the bathroom door was a hassle to open and close. If it had a better track or hinge, it would do the trick. The service wasn't highly trained, but everyone I encountered was above polite and friendly. One thing I really look for, and found here, is that I am approached by employees rather than myself approaching them. Great hiring! There was one man in particular that stood out to me, although I didn't catch his name. He wore and ear peace and was setting up the water display in the lounge. He above everyone else showed a nack for customer service. All in all it comes down to the fact that I would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012

Thanks for the good comments and I am happy to see that a few off reviews didnt scare you away. We are such a unique property that I often say we are just not for everyone...however very pleased you liked it! If you can email me at kristi.allen@hilton.com so I know what room number you were in so I can have the door fixed, I would appreciate it. I will also pass along your great comments to Jonathan, our bellman. Thanks again and come back soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Hidden Gem in Long Beach.
Close to Queen Mary. Great areas to walk, safe and wonderful grounds for an evening fire with
moon reflecting on the water. Staff is extremely accommodating and always have a smile.

Room Tip: High flloors building 2 or 3
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for the Awesome comments! We try not to be hidden but glad to hear you think we are a hidden gem! Come back soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Hotel Maya is beautifully located on the coastal inlet of Long Beach. It has a great view of the Queen Mary, Shoreline Restaurant row, and there is easy access to the city venues. Ask for a room with a balcony, the views are spectacular!

Room Tip: Choose a balacony waterfront room, its wonderful.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Glad you liked the location and hotel The view balcony rooms are definitely the best! Come back soon!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Room 4511 for Long Beach Marathon weekend.

The Bad: The night-time noise was not good. Road noise along with the sound of water running through the pipes was too much. Had to turn on the air conditioner but even that noise was excessive. The room was a bit small four our family of four but for one night it was ok and we were gone most of the time.

The Good: Every staff member we encountered was pleasant and helpful. Fuego restaurant was good - a nice view of the water. Check-in was better than average considering there were several people ahead of us. Balcony had a nice view of the water and pool area. Keurig coffee machines in room.

Would I stay here again? Yes.

Room Tip: Building 4 was close to the street and a bit noisy. Not sure how the other buildings compare so ask...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the comments on the front desk and fuego staff. I will pass it on to them. We are glad that you enjoyed the stay. The hotel does have a tendency to get noisy on busy weekends but we have recently put in door closers and are putting in sound carpet in corridors to address the issue. We look forward to your next visit with us.