“Awesome view, impeccable service.”

Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The water view is awesome, taking in the Queen Mary and Long Beach skyline. Comfortable outdoor seating for restaurant and bar service is available. The walking/biking trail, tennis court, and sand volleyball court are in good shape in addition to the pool. The restaurant is very good, but very pricey. Only drawback is the condition of the carpet in the room makes it look shabby.

Room Tip: Choose the water side rooms for the view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Thank you...we are glad you enjoyed it. We are right in the middle of deep cleaning our carpets and trying to come up with an alternative flooring solution. Since we are on the water and resort style, people always leave their doors open and are coming in and out from the pool or paddleboarding thus causing great wear and tear on the carpets. We hope to see you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,770)

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Very Nice Hotel. Great location for CCL guest to stay. Stay away from building number 4.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Thanks for the great comments and glad you liked it. Building four can get loud as it is next to the pool area though many guests love it just for that reason. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Me and my wife recently spent 4 nights at the Hotel Maya for our 5 wedding anniversary. The room was very big and the decor unique, also the bed was very comfortable and the view of the harbor couldn't be beat. I would definitely stay their again.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the Harbor view it is worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Happy Anniversary...glad you were able to enjoy it with us here at Hotel Maya!

Reviewed February 25, 2012

I spent just one night here on a business trip. I checked in late at night, after driving from San Diego. I'm not sure it's an ideal property for a business traveler like me, but I did find it an interesting place to stay. The rooms have been creatively redone with unique touches, whimsical surprises here and there. I actually think the renovation from its previous life as the Coast Hotel Long Beach is quite impressive. The Hotel Maya sits along the Long Beach Harbor waterfront which was less industrial than I expected. I took a walk along the water in the morning before checking out and saw the Queen Mary near-by. There were a few fisherman, too. It was a quiet and pleasant walk. I might return when I'm on vacation and my family could spend some time at some of the near-by attractions. But, as a business traveler, I thought the location was too far off of the freeway and the walk from the parking lot to the lobby was long. In addition, the property is comprised of several buildings with outdoor walkways. So, I walked a bit with my luggage before finding my building. But, again, once you're inside your room, you could be happily surprised. I appreciated the good rate, too!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

I am glad you got to enjoy a little bit of the relaxing atmosphere with your morning walk despite your work schedule. Many of our frequent business travelers say they love staying here for exactly that reason...they feel like they are on vacation at the end of a long work day. We look forward to your return leisure trip with your family.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

From the time that I arrived to the time I departed, I was treated very well. When I came to the Lobby, it was amazing that the staff remembers who you are. I was also fortunate because on one evening CSI Miami was filming at the Hotel. With this disruption it was still business as usual. In fact, I was able to meet the entire cast of the show except for one person as well as quite a few people who support the show from behind the scenes. We were given announcements in our room to have us come down to the set and watch the filming as well. As hotel guest, it was amazing that even though hollywood stars were at the Hotel, we were treated and welcomed as if we were part of the Hollywood scene. I would recommend this hotel to all my Friends. The type of experience that I received here shows why I stay made it to a Diamond Status with Hilton. I will keep coming back.

Room Tip: I was given a nice room with a view of the bay and the Queen Mary.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

How fun! CSI Miami and several other Miami shows like the finder and Dexter have filmed here and ocntinue to as we have a miami tropical resort feel. The crews and cast are great so it is not surprising that they invited you to the set. We try our best to avoid disruption to our guests during this filming so I am also glad you noticed that. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thanks for being a loyal Hilton customer!

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Wonderful hotel! Fantastic food service! Very pleasent staff! Making reservations was a joke,
Wanted a suit using my HHonors reward card! Was told I would most likely receive a suit upon arrival! Never got one. Could have saved on room rate by paying off my room at time of reservation, but was told I would not receive a suit if I did! Tried to change room 5 times during our stay for a better room view! Finally on our LAST day received a room with a better view! Never had this problem at any of our Marriott Rewards stays! Will most likely stay with Marriott!

Room Tip: Stay at a Marriott!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

I am glad you thought the hotel was wonderful but apologize you had such problems with central reservations. It sounds like you might have been given bad advice by a reservations agent. As a Hilton Honors member, you are entitled to a complimentary upgrade if available. However, we sell out almost every Saturday night so they are often not available so I recommend just purchasing the upgrade if you want to guarantee it. As with all major hotel chains, the advance purchase rates are discounted rates but are non-cancelable which is why you may have been advised against them. For future reference, an advance purchase rate does not prevent you from getting your upgrade if available at check in. The above are rules for all Hilton properties. Once again I apologize for your reservations experience and hope that you come back and get to enjoy the "wonderful" hotel again.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Ear plugs in a motel are a HUGE red flag. Noisy room right by the lobby, (garden view??!) Looks like everything inside and out was left over from contractors and decorators other jobs, nothing matches or looks good together. Coffee mugs were even dirty. You'll love this place if you LOVE magenta!

Room Tip: Make sure you have an ocean view. Bring your low expectations and patience.
3  Thank Beth M
701LongBeach, General Manager at Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank you for your comments. Actually the magenta color won us several national design awards when we completed our 26 million dollar renovation two years ago. We placed second behind the Aria in Vegas for hotel design of the year. However as I have said before, we are not for everyone. We are a boutique Mayan themed resort style hotel on the water in Long beach. If you are expecting a typical Doubletree, we may not be for you. I certainly apologize that it was not what you were expecting. The ear plugs are a some what standard amenity in many hotels these days and we place them in rooms as a courtesy to our light sleepers because we are on the water in front of a public walkway and on weekend nights, it can get loud. I will look at your specific room and re-evalaute whether it truly has a garden view or not. I appreciate you bringing that to our attention. I certainly hope you give Hilton another try as I do not believe your experience was the normal experience here.