“Best mexican food in Long Beach” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Long Beach
“Best mexican food in Long Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We have been coming here weekly for many, many years. Before we found Pancho's we regularly ate somehwere else in LB, but since I tasted one of Pancho's shredded beef tacos, we have not gone anywhere else in Long Beach. I grew up in central California in an agricultural area where you could not throw a rock without hitting a good Mexican restaurant...but let me just say that I would rather eat at Pancho's than any other Mexican restaurant. The shredded beef tacos are the best item on the menu. They are stuffed full of slow cooked beef and they never fall apart or crack down the bottom. The tacos are so big I have to order two ala carte because I cannot eat the entire dinner with soup or salad, rice and beans. They also make the best ground beef tostada but be sure to ask for it in the large flour bowl. My husband loves the tamales and chile rellenos and taquitos. We always get the home made guacamole. They also make the salsa there. One salsa is chunky that is rough blend of tomatoes, chilis, onions and cilantro. The other is a smooth sauce that is very hot. I use the hot one on the tacos amd the other chunky one with the chips. The staff is all super friendly and have been there for years.Lots of time we ask Jaime, the owner and chef, to make things different for our 8 year old son and he always accommodates us. And they keep their beer really, really cold which is required for Mexican food.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Artemislaw

Aliso Viejo, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mexican food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

My family has been coming here since I was a little girl.I just was there last weekend to get my favorite meal there . The chile rellenos are the best I have ever tasted. The food is made with lots of love and you can tell by the first bite. The restaurant is small and typical but the food is the star here. You can't go wrong with Pancho's!

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank miasmom08
Sydney, Australia
“delicious food in a no overheads, no fuss restaurant with low prices to match”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

if you're looking for a simple dining experience where the main thing you're looking for is great food, definitely try Pancho's Mexican Restaurant on East Pacific Coast Hwy, Long Beach. Its not in the middle of the main Long Beach restaurant strip but I guess that keeps the prices down. I stayed in Long Beach for 4 days and had dinner here 3 times. It has all the usual Mexican fare with some nice cold beers on offer, I enjoyed the Dos Equis. Do yourself a flavour and try Pancho's.

• Visited June 2011