“Lovely place to relax” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dockside Boat and Bed

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Long Beach
Dockside Boat and Bed
Ranked #2 of 11 Long Beach B&B and Inns
Lancaster, CA
“Lovely place to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Truly an unconventional lodging experience, which is awesome. We stayed in the Ranita last week-end and I must say that it exceeded my expectations. I thought it would be a cramped space but turns out it is spacious. Not suitable for handicapped people though as there are a lot of little tiny narrow stairs. It was clean, not spotless, but clean enough. The bed was comfortable, nothing like being rocked to sleep by the ocean. I had the best sleep.

The surroundings was great. Lots of restaurants and bars. Lots of activities. The view is stunning. The whole scene is just rocking with positive relaxed energy.

The staff is friendly, The breakfast as described. Great experience. Would definitely return to try out the other yachts.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank experiencecollector
boatandbed, Owner at Dockside Boat and Bed, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted you enjoy your stay, felt our "relaxed vibe" and we look forward to welcoming you aboard soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fontana, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating 15 years of marriage and it so happened that the Sunday we booked the yacht was on Cinco de Mayo. We arrived around 2pm and were greeted by the wonderful ladies in their floating office :>) The ladies were very informative and showed us everything we needed to know about the yacht and the parking. They have a cart so that you can wheel your overnight bags in first and then you can park your car at Pier Point Landing for $10.00. It's a short enjoyable walk back to the yachts. We stayed on the Fantasea which had two queen beds (the best night's sleep ever!) and it's the only yacht with the ice maker on board. The weather was not on our side, but the covered decks helped us enjoy the sights of the Queen Mary and the Lighthouse. Gladstone's restaurant is a stone's throw away and the Dockside is just so darn close to everything! During the weekdays (Sun-Thurs) you are provided with a great basket of goodies! The basket included fresh huge moist muffins, fresh fruit, orange juice in this adorable old school bottle and yogurt. There is a coffee maker on board with real half-half in the refrigerator; and for those of you who do not drink coffee, there is an assortment of teas available too! We got a great deal on the Living Social website and it was worth every penny! It definitely is not your standard hotel room. Lookie-loos from the dock would point and I even overheard one couple say "Wow, that must be expensive to stay on board one of those!" Little did they know that it is comparable to a price of a 4-star hotel. There's a t.v. in the living area with a DVD player and they even provide some movies or you can bring your own. There is a stereo with an MP3 adapter so that you can listen to your own tunes. There is a t.v. in the extra room but it wasn't working at the moment. The little kitchen area was perfect with just the right amount of necessities you would need. Including a wine opener! All-in-all it was the best time ever and I would sure as heck recommend this to anyone who wanted a out-of-the-ordinary hotel experience! Thanks Dockside Boat and Bed for a memorable stay!

Room Tip: Dreamy sleep!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angelena J
boatandbed, Owner at Dockside Boat and Bed, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
We thank you for taking the time to review us. You're kind words motivate us to continue to do what we love and share it with others. Thank you again and we hope you'll return soon !
Tustin, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

What a wonderful concept...to rent a docked yacht for an evening in Long Beach and sleep on it, feeling the gentle motion of the waves of the ocean.

My wife and I headed here for an overnight stay in hopes to take a breather from the routine of work and responsibilities. We stayed in the Crown Jewel, one of the larger yachts which, for two people was a little overkill but certainly seemed to have everything we needed....except...a few minor upgrades.

Aside from being a cool idea, you don't have far to shout before the your neighbors will hear you. Radios, talking, alarms...if folks have their doors open to let in the cool breeze, you get to treat yourself to their audible noises. One thing I really wish was for a little space between the boats. It would be nice to have a little more privacy as you sit out on your deck and watch the beautiful sunset however these yachts are fairly tightly packed and you'll find yourself staying within your own little space. The Crown Jewel, fortunately is one of the two last in line on the dock so we had no one behind us.

On the outside, it was evident that some of these boats have had some wear and tear but I certainly wouldn't hold that against the owner as I could obviously see some attempts to repaint and fix some of the more weathered areas. I was puzzled however by the inside as there were many attempts to conceal cupboards and drawers that were once usable when these ships were running on the open sea but now these compartments housed trinkets, spare parts and junk of all kinds - not a real pretty site for a guest. There were cupboards that opened up into the boat walls. We had a burner on the stove that simply pulled right off and as we were spending some time watching the sunset, we heard a loud "thunk". It turns out, the large 50" LCD television which apparently was set flush with a big hole in the wall, had come loose and fell forward, out of the wall. My eyebrows raised as I stared at a thin piece of bendable metal, mounted to the top of the TV on the back, used to hold in this monstrous monitor. Several attempts to get the TV back into the wall failed and we finally tried calling the office. I give props to them for answering after hours but after explaining to a staff member what had happened with the TV, she let us know that this was a reoccurring problem and that she would send a person the next day to fix it. Hmmmm. Strike one guys.

Although everyone we spoke to about the TV was kind in their response, there was no effort made to resolve the problem, nor was anyone sent the next day. We had to pull in some barstools to hold the TV into the wall....that's not what I want to do on my vacation day.

Aside from this little treat, we encountered a smell in the bathroom from minute one that was trying to be covered up by an air freshener however it wasn't working too well.

The staff was cordial but not too responsive. The boat was spacious but needs some TLC. Some deep cleaning is probably in order in that bathroom and the way that TV was installed was actually quite laughable.

Our night wasn't ruined by these things but I see no reason for a return visit. If I have to spend my time trying to make up for the shortcomings of my surroundings, it's not much of a vacation.

And if you have a big booty, you're in for a surprise if you want to sit down on the toilet. I felt like I was sitting on a bagel! It wasn't usable - I had to use the facilities at the local restaurants. This was how the boat was built though so it's no fault of the owner - everything was about 1/4 scale in the bathroom....funny but challenging.

Again, this is a cool idea but execution falls slightly short. The surroundings are beautiful and I did sleep well though. : )

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank bmurf6873
We are always appreciative of our guests taking the time to write a thoughtful review of our property and services, and this is no exception. Positive reviews bouy our drive and passion for what we do and negative reviews give us great insight on things we can always improve on. The Crown Jewel is one of our most popular vessels, but she is 60 yrs old. In order for the boat to meet the expectations of today's modern guest, her interior has has been modified and changed. While her owners are always seeking to improve her inside and out, it is a never-ending job. In regards to the T.V., the guest is correct, there is a small metal bracket that holds the tv on and it did come loose causing the tv to lean forward several inches. The work time to get this remedied would be 30+ minutes of our workman in their living room, therefore we felt it was better to attend to it the next morning after the guest checked out, as to not disturb them further. We believe in sharing the authentic "boating" experience with our guests. Similar to any other marina, our boats are in close proximity to each other, there are out-of-the way drawers filled with screws or extra lightbulbs on board and the bathrooms are small !! Our boats are the real deal, not fabricated spaces meant to look nautical. Again, we thank this guest for his time, honesty and for reminding us that our job is never done.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

My boyfriend purchased our stay at the Dockside Boat & Bed through Groupon for my Birthday. What a lovely experience. The woman who checked us in was very down to earth and informative about parking which is only a 5 minute walk from the dock. We only spent one night but I could have stayed a whole week. Sea Peepers was such a great host! After walking the gorgeous & Lively Long Beach Harbor all day, we decided to get a bite to eat at Tequila Jack's. The margaritas were tasty and they had ample choices for liquor however the wait list just kept getting longer and longer. We ended up eating at a pub down the strip and returned to Sea Peepers to enjoy the sunset & view of the Queen Mary while drinking Champagne on the bow. When night fell we went out for another stroll and spent the rest of our evening watching the movies provided. (Great Selection by the way!)

While we were on board another family was staying in the Crown Jewel. I didn't personally see the inside of the ship but when their 4-5 year old daughter popped her head out of the skylight she had the largest grin on her face! I yelled over to her, "How do you like your boat!?" and she responded "I absolutely love it!" It was too cute and she looked SO happy.

It was almost surreal staying in the yacht for the night. My boyfriend and I are in our early 20's so we almost felt like movie stars for a night.

Long story short:
1. I would do this again in a heart beat. Whether I was with my significant other, my family or my friends it was worth every penny.
2. I work in the hospitality business and I know that the prices were comparable to that of the Hyatt just a quarter mile inland - so why not give yourself that experience, right?
3. Waking up to a basket of fruit muffins and bagels just outside my cabin door was just...wow... I can't describe it...but I definitely blushed and got giddy when I saw it laid out for us.

I don't have one bad thing to say about this experience & I would do this again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: - Go to the grocery store before you check in. Once you're there you will not want to leave and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience ! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and "got" the whole Dockside experience. We love to make our guests feel "giddy" and love when even the smallest details (our DVD selection) is noticed. We look forward to welcoming you back !
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We just stayed at Dockside Boat & Bed. We had an excellent time! Don't hesitate to stay here. The location is great! Eat at Gladstone's and take a short walk to Shoreline Village for coffee at Twisters. After getting your coffee, enjoy it on your boat with a beautiful view. Some of the other reviewers said some negative things about the boats. If you are expecting a luxury suite, you'll be disappointed. You must know that these aren't luxury suites. They are boats! We fully expected everything we encountered. Yes, there are small spaces, party boats going by, little smell from bathroom, but all of this is to be expected on a boat. We were not disappointed! It was like camping but much cleaner and nice!!! Note to self; next time bring beach towels to sit on outside and a blanket to snuggle with. The basket of muffins, fruit, bagels, yogurt, and O.J. was perfect. The staff was nice and accomodating.

Room Tip: When arriving, park on green curb in front of Famous Dave's, walk to Dock 5 (in front of Gladsto...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
So glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others and look forward to welcoming you aboard again !
Yucaipa, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We just got back from a night on the Sea Peeper. What can I say except totally awesome!!! The view was spectacular and you are right in the heart of Shoreline Village and all the fun. We got to look on a few of the other boats and out of them all, Id say Sea Peeper and Perfect landing would be my choice. It is a totally different experience than just staying in a hotel. For the night, you are a member of the rich and famous staying on your own yacht...what could be funner?? The only downfall was the size of the bathroom, but given the experience, I wouldnt hesitate to do it again, and again, and again.....my husband and I totally enjoyed ourselves. Thanks Dockside Boat and Bed. You guys rock!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

A most enjoyable, relaxing three day experience. We enjoyed sitting on the aft deck and waving to all the tourists as they went by on the tourist boats and watching all the other boats come & go along with a playful seal that would pop up here and there.

Everyone seemed so friendly and it was a pleasure to meet Kent, Kim and Molly. They were very accommodating and helpful. A variety of restaurants and the Shoreline Village are just a short walk from the dock. Arrangements for the handicap parking could be improved upon considering the distance to the parking area, but we're not complaining, just making a suggestion.

The continental breakfast was delivered the evening before in a basket which was a very nice gesture. The breakfast was more than adequate unless you are used to eating a hefty man's breakfast at which I would suggest you then go to a restaurant. The breakfast consisted of a fresh muffins & bagel, fresh fruit, a container of light yogurt for each guest and fresh orange juice. Coffee and tea are also provided as well as a few snacks.

The Perfect Landing, although showing its age, was comfortable and clean considering its heavy use, although it could use a bit of updating but I believe that is the responsibility fo the owner of the yacht. All in all we truly enjoyed our stay and plan to return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple