“A tiny piece of France....”
Review of Creme De La Crepe

Creme De La Crepe
Ranked #2 of 25 Dessert in Long Beach
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: French Cuisine, Family Dinning, Creperie, Wine Bar
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I go here when I feel homesick for Europe. The staff are great because they don't shove the check in your face while you are still chewing. The buckwheat crepes are to die for. The crepe Suzette is out of this world. Anything, really, will be fresh and tasty. The best coffees, too, as can be expected. My favorite Long Beach hangout for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

There were lots of good choices and they were very fresh. We liked that they had buckwheat crepes. We enjoyed the atmosphere, we felt like we were in a cafe in Paris!

Reviewed May 5, 2012

This is a cute little restaurant, the atmosphere is what drew me in. There were fresh sunflowers and beautiful artwork on the walls, and the staff spoke french. I went for lunch and had a crepe that had smoked salmon in lemon dill sauce. We were not going to have desert but our server suggested and creme brule and I'm glad he did! We liked it so much we went back for dinner the same day, and everything was great again. The food is fresh and fast, and the service was fast and professional. Everyone should eat here!

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I went here for a late breakfast (ok.. it was noon) with my mom last Saturday. It had started to rain so there was no outdoor seating, but the rain added to the romance of feeling like we were in Paris again (a place I actually have visited with my mom). The ambiance is beautiful-- the artwork on the walls and the slight bustle of conversations of fellow diners just made us feel like we were far away, and not in our local so-cal.

I found out about this place because I had a coupon for a free dessert with purch of 2 entrees. First of all, the service was amazing! Everyone was friendly, and our main waiter was this sweet, cute guy with "I just rolled out of bed" hair and eyes-- but he was so attentive and always, always smiling.

Second, the food was DELICIOUS!!! (I may have gotten a slight tummy ache from my "eggs croquotte-yes.. that's how they spelled the poached eggs with spinach and baked cheese atop--but it's quite forgivable given how delish the dessert crepe was!)

We shared the Bisous dessert crepe (fresh strawberries, bananas, mango, drizzled with nutella & vanilla ice cream)... i probably could've eaten a whole one myself! Yum!

Will definitely come back when I return for a conference in October! At least for the dessert crepes! :o)

Reviewed March 19, 2012

What can you do with a crepe but add the most exotic ingredients you can think of? Well, at Creme de la Crepe, they do it for you. I had the Marocaine or Morocaine reminiscent of walking in the FEZ Souks you long to smell the cooking. And here you get a little taste of spicy lamb sausage with sauteed mushrooms over a buckwheat (soft) creape, with a side of mixed greens. You could have a bellini with it and imagine you are by the grand canal in Venice. This place can take your imagination to different places you've visited. It has a comfortable laid back atmosphene, and I believe you can see the Scottish temple from the window and contemplate the templars masonic artisty. Anyway, I am so far away from it all. Just go and have a good breakfast.