“Great casual place with really good food”
Review of The Factory - CLOSED

The Factory
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: They describe their restaurant as a Gastropub
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Very small, very modern bistro-style casual eating in Long Beach. The food quality is great, the service great, the decor leaves something to be desired but for a good meal in a short time, this is the place. Parking is around back or on the street. Very good wine selection, small list but well selected. Good value.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We went on a Sunday evening so naturally they were slow.

We were seated quickly and the server was very friendly. I got a flight of a variety of IPA's and they were all excellent. I ordered a burger that had a fried egg on it with chipotle and it was incredible. The burger was served with a spring mix salad which was good. The salad was served with a very light dressing. I usually like light dressing but I felt there could have been more dressing mixed in as the salad was very dry. The person who I was with had a problem with their order and the server quickly corrected the problem.

You could clearly tell that the restaurant used all fresh foods and ingredients and took pride in their food.

Overall our experience and food was excellent. We ate here with ou 7 year old and there was plenty of food for him.

I love this place and wish they had one where We live. We will definitely be back next time we are in town.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

Since other of our favorite restaurants have closed in the Bixby Knolls (Long Beach) area, we have now eaten at The Factory about 4 times. We keep coming back because of the food. This latest time was no different on the food, but unfortunately this time and the times before when we entered the restaurant we never receive a greeting from anyone right away. It makes you feel so awkward when you are no more than a couple of feet from someone behind the counter and they look right through you. Meredith which turned out to be our waiter came up from behind that person and finally took away our awkward feeling. We were seated at our usual table under the t.v. Another minus would be that this restaurant is noisy. I think that this is a great place with some loud bousterous friends but for a family that included an elderly person, I think it was too loud. But onto the food. My mother-in-law had the Farm Box which consisted of "mixed greens, seasonal veggies, and you choose: cranberry vinagrette, ranch, citrus, balsamic", with chicken, with a glass of Chardonnay, Taft St. Russian River, California. She described the spring mix salad as not vibrant but the Chardonnay was satisfying. My sister-in-law always gets the Fig Lollipops and shares with the rest of us. This consists of "blue cheese stuffed figs wrapped in bacon and drizzled with balsamic sauce". A great yummy buy for $5. We always get two of these. For her main dish she had the La Checuterie which consisted of a meat choice with olives and some tasty bread. She loved it. Not a fan of olives, so maybe an alternate choice on that would have been nice. My daughters, 20 and 13 split the C-17 Wrap which consisted of "arugula and rosemary chicken salad, spinach, bacon, red bell peppers and basil aioli wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla $13". A great choice for two light eaters and they each ordered the Russian lemonade which comes in this nifty bottle, Wow did I just say nifty? My 13 year old loved the bottle and the lemonade! My husband and I shared the Organic Happy Cow Burger which consists of "10oz. grass fed patty, crispy baked onions, bacon, avocado, tomato, lettuce, manchego cheese, spicy mustard $15". This is a biggggg burger great to share, and is the only hamburger I can eat that doesn't upset my stomach after I eat it. It's the freshest burger I have ever tasted. My husband had a glass of Crianza, Campo Viejo, Spain/rioja which he said was smooth and went down well, and I had the Chardonnay, Macabeo Casiano, Spain, Yecla it was also a great tasting wine. I usually like the fruitiness of a Pinot Griogio but they never seem to have this wine on the menu....maybe a suggestion there! Lastly other negative is that the water glasses smell like a sour wet rag, all four times I have eaten there. Don't know why this happens but it does. I would recommend this restaurant for the food, but as I have stated in my review there are some other things that could be improved upon.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Decided to get out of the rat race, which is Pine St. in LB and find other, less crowded areas. The Factory was mentioned by a business associate so we met there with another couple for drinks, apps and dinner. The whole concept was refreshingly new and creative. The roasted Shiahito peppers with manchego cheese was awesome. So were the sardine pate (we are all in the fish business) and Fig lollipops. Everyone's entree was fantastic. Beer and wine selection was eclectic and well thought out. This will be on our list for the further adventures of "Escape from Pine Street". Oh, and have to mention the great service we had.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

I really want to like this place but...

This is one of our local restaurants and I used to enjoy going because the staff is nice and the atmosphere is comfortable but the food is not as exciting as it was a year ago.

The menu seems to have stagnated and I was a quite disappointed the last time. The bison short ribs were a little bitter. Maybe it is the taste of bison. This is not just a sour grapes review because the two other times prior to this were less than stellar as well.

The deserts have been limited and it is better to skip them. Often you are down to one to two choices. Maybe they just need a kick to get back to where they were before. I don't think I will go back anytime soon.

1  Thank TAlongbeach