“Absolutely fantastic, if not truly exceptional customer service by the employees.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Long Beach

The Westin Long Beach
Ranked #5 of 56 Hotels in Long Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been to the Westin several times now over the last few years, but this is my first time Staying there as a guest. My daughters are Pop Warner cheerleaders, and have competed in Regional Competitions at Long Beach Arena many times, in part years I've driven up and back in one trip, because I couldn't afford even a one night stay at such a nice place. But this year I planned ahead and saved the $ to spend the night at the hotel with my daughter's teammates. And while I typically very out of place in upper class environments, every member of your staff from the friendly bartender, to the door men, made me feel very welcome and COMFORTABLE, in an uncomfortable place for me. But, please, please, give the luggage boy, I think his name was Jacob, my most sincere THANK YOU for his help to me when I locked my keys in my rental car and didn't have $50 for someone to come out and help me, he stung together some hangers and fished my keys from the passenger seat through the cracked sunroof. He really saved the day. And wouldn't even let me offer to send him a better tip once I got home. That was soooo kind of him. You have some exceptional staff. Thank you for the lovely night, the soft pillows, and making a single mom of four girls feel like royalty for a minute in all the craziness of competition time and misery of dealing with over bearing, stuck up cheer moms who are Hell bent to make me feel inferior. Eh, overall, it was fun, and I enjoyed my stay. Maybe I'll get to come back next year. Thank you.

1 Thank grneyedtiffster
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for your review! In times like these, we understand the need to meet and exceed expectations. We are extremely happy that we were able to create a memorable stay for you and your family. We will make sure to forward your kind words to our service team so that they may be able to properly recognize stellar team members such as Jacob. Please visit us soon so that we may be able continue to surprise and delight you. Wishing you all the best and the brightest this holiday season. Be well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Staff in the hotel were amazing. The room was clean, quiet and updated. The view from. My window was beautiful. Great location.the food in the bar and the restaurant was the best. The only issue was the cost for the use of the computer and the cost of Internet service. Way out of line, but everything else was a good value.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ak3250
What a wonderful review. Your thoughts and words regarding our property and service act as a reminder of why we do what we do! Please do visit us again soon so that we may continue to provide you with the best stay you deserve. Happy Holidays!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Jose T was amazing! He was so friendly and attentive! Jay was also very friendly, we were passed over for a table and he quickly helped us get seated! Foods a little pricy, but overall great experience for breakfast.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your dining experience with us! We hope you come back soon so that our staff such as Jose will be able to continue providing you with the best experience possible. Until then, be well!
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed here in Nov. 2013 for a conference. I have stayed at many Westin's (I'm a Starwood Gold member) and this is not one of their better properties. I do have to say, the staff was very pleasant, but that is about all I have for positive comments. Check-in was delayed (2 hrs after normal check-in time) because rooms weren't ready. Room decor was average and somewhat worn. Staff didn't keep adjacent courtyard very clean. Other minor issues.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are extremely disheartened to hear that you were not pleased with our property. Please know that we are currently reviewing our guest room offerings and common areas so that we are able to make the proper adjustments so that future guests will enjoy their stay fully. Should you wish to discuss this further please do reach out to our Director of Front Office Jeff Bonds jeff.bonds@westinlb.com – be well.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Had a one night stay at the Westin Long Beach. No complaints, but certainly not the best of all Westin franchises either. It is, however, on the top of my list.

Valet Parking was good, fast service, good attitude. I spent the rest of the day outside and then ate at the hotel restaurant for dinner. A few points deducted as the waiter seemed to be chatting around and neglecting customers. It took a while to get seated + served with menu. It was a slow day though, but still, no excuse.

Otherwise, front desk receptionist was absolutely fantastic. Room was upgraded as part of the SPG Gold program and they were clean. I was quite surprised at this property as I noticed they supplied brand new hair combs in the washroom! That's something you don't see everyday now.

Awesome stay. Would come again if I ever visited Long Beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to leave your honest feedback. It is much appreciated. Please rest assure that we are bringing your review to the attention of our Outlets Manager so that they may be able to remind and retrain staff if needed. Please come back soon so that we may be able to showcase our best and provide you with the restful stay you deserve. Safe travels!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Westin Long Beach which we would highly recommend. When dining at The Grill which is the restaurant in the lobby be sure to ask for Jose as your server. He made our dining experience a real pleasure! He was so engaging and pleasant, he recommended items from the menu that we wouldn't have normally ordered ( which we ended up loving) and made our overall experience a memorable one!
Thanks to the whole staff for great service....we will be visiting again!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
What a refreshing review! We are so excited to hear about Jose and his efforts to give you the best dining experience possible. We will make sure to recognize his talents and remind him of his value to our hotel and its guests. Visit soon!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

This wonderful hotel had amazing service! If you get breakfast ask for jose! He was phenomenal! Had us laughing, really cared about us,was exceptionally professional and worked very hard to make sure we were satisfied. He made our day so wonderful!! The rooms were fabulous as well!!! The hotel was very clean and well kept

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your taking the time to review your experience at our restaurant. We are glad to know that one of our staff members was able to give you the best possible service. Come back soon so we can continue to surprise and delight you!