“Wonderful experience!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Long Beach
Pahrump
“Wonderful experience!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The customer service was great. All staff was very helpful throughout our stay. I would like to take a moment to mention two employees "Jay" in the resturant and "Osmond" the lobby bellmen who made our stay an extra special experience. They were always helpful, friendly, and went above and beyond our expectations. I hope management reads this review regarding the above mentioned employees. Our family would like to know that these exceptional employees are given recognition.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
WestinHotelManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
What a fantastic review! We appreciate your stay and for helping us recognize top performing team members! Thank you for sharing and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Be well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here on a weekend. We arrived earlier before check in time. Front desk staff allowed us to check in 3 hours before check in time and upgraded us to premium room with a great view of the Harbor/Queen Mary with no extra charge. Pool was located on the 5th floor which was small. Restaurant was a little pricey like every downtown hotel. We walked everywhere we needed to go so the location of this hotel is great. Parking is underground and cost $18 a night. We will be back if we ever come back to Long Beach area.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Many thanks for your stay with us here in Long Beach. We are delighted to know that we were able to meet your expectations. Although we have priced our parking and dining rates in line with other hotel properties around the area, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We hope this will not stop you from visiting us again. We look forward to your future stay with us. Have a refreshing day!
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Check in was flawless and the hotel was able to give us a great room with a view. The beds were very comfortable, the room was spotless and hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Yes parking is a little expensive but you are in California and they are certainly in the ballpark. The gift shop carries quite of variety of merchandise. The hotel restaurant serves Starbuck coffee I can't remember the food because they had me at the coffee. Our two teenage boys loved the breakfast buffet. The bell staff and the parking staff are very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your hotel experience with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. Here at The Westin Long Beach we strive to make sure you leave feeling even better then when you arrived. We hope you come back soon. Be well!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I came to the Westin Long Beach to attend a conference at the Long Beach Convention Center. The hotel is just a short walk to the center which was nice. The room was very clean, comfortable and modern. The bathroom has a granite counter and there was actually enough room for me to lay out my makeup. The bathroom has a motion sensitive light so when you walk in the light automatically comes on--no fumbling for the switch. The hotel staff was friendly. It was a nice stay. I didn't use the restaurant or gym so I can't describe that. I did notice that the prices in the restaurant were a bit pricey. I had hoped there would be plenty of shops nearby but there wasn't. The WiFi wasn't free but I had my hotspot with me so that wasn't a problem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

If you're giving me a room with a harbor view then I should be able to see the harbor right? $14.99 per day for wifi? $18 to park my car in your garage?? That's just wrong. Even cheaper crappy hotels/motels offer free wifi. Shame on you.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
6 Thank rwalkes
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed at the Long Beach Westin recently with several international guests while attending a conference. Although there was a serious check-in glitch that could not be solved (and which made for an awkward experience for the international guests), the Bell desk (express service) was very perceptive and worked hard to make the international guests feel welcome while the front desk staff worked to find a solution. Individuals, like Osmin and his colleagues, interacted warmly with distraught guests, offered bottles of waters, arranged for seats and carefully placed the luggage to one side of the lobby. This kind of personal attention was worth its weight in gold and made for good public relations. I commend the front desk and bell desk staff for their commitment to customer service. When we checked in the following day, we found well designed rooms that were comfortable and relaxing at the end of very long days. I loved the heavenly shower but very disappointed that amenities were not always replenished up to standard.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Your review has helped us identify stellar team members here at The Westin Long Beach. Please know that we have reminded our housekeeping team to make sure all amenities are stocked at all times so that future guests may enjoy their stay to its fullest. Thank you and be well!
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I booked this hotel through Expedia for a great rate. I read that they allow dogs up to 40lbs which helped me pick this hotel. We brought our 6 month old pitbull puppy and had no problems. They even brought us a complimentary dog bed. I thought that since we had a dog we would get a room in the back of the hotel but when we got to our room it had ocean views, was right by the elevator and beautiful. All the staff were very sweet to our dog and great to us. I would recommend anyone who wants to travel with their dog to stay here! And there is Rosie's Dog Beach about 10min away!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing the Westin Long Beach for your travels. We are glad to know you and your furry friend were able to enjoy our signature amenity – the heavenly bed. Please do stay with us again soon!