“Great Location and Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Long Beach

The Westin Long Beach
Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Long Beach
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Location and Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Check in was flawless and the hotel was able to give us a great room with a view. The beds were very comfortable, the room was spotless and hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Yes parking is a little expensive but you are in California and they are certainly in the ballpark. The gift shop carries quite of variety of merchandise. The hotel restaurant serves Starbuck coffee I can't remember the food because they had me at the coffee. Our two teenage boys loved the breakfast buffet. The bell staff and the parking staff are very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your hotel experience with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. Here at The Westin Long Beach we strive to make sure you leave feeling even better then when you arrived. We hope you come back soon. Be well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I came to the Westin Long Beach to attend a conference at the Long Beach Convention Center. The hotel is just a short walk to the center which was nice. The room was very clean, comfortable and modern. The bathroom has a granite counter and there was actually enough room for me to lay out my makeup. The bathroom has a motion sensitive light so when you walk in the light automatically comes on--no fumbling for the switch. The hotel staff was friendly. It was a nice stay. I didn't use the restaurant or gym so I can't describe that. I did notice that the prices in the restaurant were a bit pricey. I had hoped there would be plenty of shops nearby but there wasn't. The WiFi wasn't free but I had my hotspot with me so that wasn't a problem.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

If you're giving me a room with a harbor view then I should be able to see the harbor right? $14.99 per day for wifi? $18 to park my car in your garage?? That's just wrong. Even cheaper crappy hotels/motels offer free wifi. Shame on you.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
6 Thank rwalkes
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed at the Long Beach Westin recently with several international guests while attending a conference. Although there was a serious check-in glitch that could not be solved (and which made for an awkward experience for the international guests), the Bell desk (express service) was very perceptive and worked hard to make the international guests feel welcome while the front desk staff worked to find a solution. Individuals, like Osmin and his colleagues, interacted warmly with distraught guests, offered bottles of waters, arranged for seats and carefully placed the luggage to one side of the lobby. This kind of personal attention was worth its weight in gold and made for good public relations. I commend the front desk and bell desk staff for their commitment to customer service. When we checked in the following day, we found well designed rooms that were comfortable and relaxing at the end of very long days. I loved the heavenly shower but very disappointed that amenities were not always replenished up to standard.

• 5 of 5 stars
WestinHotelManager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Your review has helped us identify stellar team members here at The Westin Long Beach. Please know that we have reminded our housekeeping team to make sure all amenities are stocked at all times so that future guests may enjoy their stay to its fullest. Thank you and be well!
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I booked this hotel through Expedia for a great rate. I read that they allow dogs up to 40lbs which helped me pick this hotel. We brought our 6 month old pitbull puppy and had no problems. They even brought us a complimentary dog bed. I thought that since we had a dog we would get a room in the back of the hotel but when we got to our room it had ocean views, was right by the elevator and beautiful. All the staff were very sweet to our dog and great to us. I would recommend anyone who wants to travel with their dog to stay here! And there is Rosie's Dog Beach about 10min away!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing the Westin Long Beach for your travels. We are glad to know you and your furry friend were able to enjoy our signature amenity – the heavenly bed. Please do stay with us again soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was in LA for a week for work and as my office is south of LAX, I thought Long Beach would be a great area to stay without an hour+ long commute each day. Overall I was happy with the choice and the Westin is always a safe bet. From the little I got to see of Long Beach, it is probably one of the nicer hotels in the area, although I had trouble easily finding where the beach actually was. That's definitely my fault as I spent more time sight-seeing then hunting down where the beach was (honestly probably wasn't too far, but didn't seem like walking distance). Nice rooms and great staff. Only complaint about the room is that the bathtub was definitely showing some signs of wear without being as clean as it could have been and the shower was very difficult to get going properly as the pull knob nearly yanked the tub spigot out of the wall.

Room Tip: Ask if any rooms facing the ocean are available. I did not (didn't think about it) and wished I...
1 Thank Jeremy M
Here at The Westin Long Beach we take pride in our surroundings and are glad to know you enjoyed our city. We have brought your review to the attention of our engineering department in hopes to identify rooms which need attention so that future guests may fully enjoy our heavenly showers. Be well!
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Check-in was easy and pleasant until we were told that they were going to charge us $18.00 a night for parking. This was never mentioned anywhere in the reservation clause or anywhere on the website. Parking was underground and there was a lot of it but I really don't think $18.00 a night for parking is reasonable... The rooms were very clean but the power of the air conditioning unit was poor it barely blew out any air and it actually took a long time to cool off the room... The double beds were more fitted for 1 adult instead of 2 adults but were comfortable. Shoreline Village was about a 10 minute walk from the hotel, there was a 711 around the corner as well as a Wells Fargo Bank with an ATM 1 block from the hotel on the same side of the street...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GMH872
We are happy that you enjoyed our location as it is close proximity to many of Long Beach’s main attractions. Although we have “daily parking fee mentioned” in our General Information webpage, we apologize for not clearly stating the price. We appreciate your stay with us and hope to welcome you back so that we may be able to meet and exceed your expectations.