“A typical Westin hotel”

Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
San Diego
“A typical Westin hotel”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Nice view, great bed and roomservice. Good value for the money. Close to downtown and good food and walking distance to the waterfront. The staff was helpfull and the rooms were goodsized and clean. The breakfast was on time and as ordered and the in room coffee is excelent. What more can you ask from a business trip?

Room Tip: You want a view of the Queen Mary
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My family and I stayed here at end of June, 2012. I awoke in the morning with bug bites all over the side of my body that I sleep on. We promptly reported to hotel and security came. We were moved to another room. I requested that we speak to a manager more than once with no response. Hotel security claimed that they did not have bed bugs but clearly I had some type of bug bites which was confirmed by three different doctors who first noticed the bites on my arm at breakfast (we were attending a medical conference).The front desk said that they would credit my Starwood account with extra points for compensation but that did not happen.I wrote a letter to the hotel manager about our experience after we returned home and I did not even get the courtesy of a response. We will never stay at this property again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Deborah G
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed here recently with my family for 6 nights while my husband was attending a conference in the hotel. We have two children ages 3.5 and 6 months. The hotel is in a nice location, walking distance to both The Pike, marina, beach, and shopping/restaurants. The kids and i were on our own during the week and we never took the car out of the garage as we were able to walk everywhere. The staff was great, very helpful. Room was clean, crib for the baby was in decent shape. We had a problem with the phone line in our room and they came up quickly to fix it. At one point I called down to see if we could get a few plates and bowls as we had bought a few groceries for the room. They were sent up in less than 5 minutes. Also one day my older son locked us out of the bathroom and they sent someone up to unlock it within less than 5 mins. Check-in and check-out were easy. My only complaint, and it's a strange one, is that the toilets are very loud. We couldn't flush the toilet at night without completely closing the bathroom door or else it would wake the kids.

The pool was nice, I took the kids a few times. I didn't use the fitness room but it was very nice looking.

We didn't eat at the restaurant on site so I can't comment on that. However one of the girls at the front desk mentioned Cafe 301 as a place to grab a quick breakfast so I took the kids there one day. It is not owned by the hotel, to my knowledge, but it located right outside the hotel. It was not good. The girl working there had the personality of a doorknob. Also, it was $2,25 for a bagel toasted with butter, and she didn't even butter it for me. She took it from the toaster and threw it in a styrofoam container with a packet of butter and a plastic knife. I don't recommend going there. And she seemed irritated I didn't tip her.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Oakdale, California
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Close to the lovely Long Beach scenery. "The Pike" area is a short 10 minute walk. Cabs are always available. The rooms were clean, the staff pleasant. We had 4 kids with us before our cruise departed so this hotel worked out great for us. They have the Cruise and Sail package, you get to leave your vehicle there for free in the huge 3 floors of parking garages. No continental breakfast is the only downer. Once you leave the hotel and head north, this entire area gets to be a little shady.

Room Tip: The luggage guy told us that rooms 10 and above were the remodeled rooms. It think we got a pretty n...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Windsor, Colorado
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Westin Long Beach where I was helping with a conference. Check in was a breeze. I got free internet with my hotel membership. We drove here from Colorado and parking was a breeze. The rate is $17/day for self park, but the parking is below the hotel with easy access to elevators to the lobby and then elevators to your room. The room was first class with a great workspace with easy access plugins at the desk and by the bed for your phone or CPAP. Everything about the room and bathroom was first class. We couldn't necessarily see the ocean from our room, but the view was still good. I'm not sure there are any real ocean views from this location as its tucked back into the city a little with tall buildings between it and the actual ocean, but the view still is very nice with a good view of the sunset. There are many restaurants within walking distance. The staff were very helpful in all my interactions. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Views on either side are different but both are probably good. We were on the south side and I'...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had the best room, it was so clean and fresh. The staff was beyond nice and friendly, there was no request that went unfulfilled. I enjoyed the food at the lounge and the service was good. I felt like I was VIP! The location was very convienient. The price was reasonable. I really did enjoy my stay and would stay there again and again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This htel is right across the street from the convention center and Terrace Theater. The room was very nice, but had a strong mildew smell. The windows don't open, so we turned up the fan and realized the smell came from the air conditioner/fan. Wish I'd changed rooms before we got all settled.

Other than that, the room was very comfortable. I'd stay here again if attending an event across the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room with a harbor view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple