“Loved this place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Atlantic/E. Broadway
Transit: We are located just a few blocks from the First street Metro.
California
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

I went there about a week ago with my friends and loved everythin! from the ambiance, to the wait staff, to the food. The restaurant itself is liking eating dinner in someone's fancy house......and it's all decked out for the holidays. Our waiter was on top of it and always made sure we had something to drink.

And for the food.....yum! I had a burger with really good fries, one of my friends had BBQ Salmon, and the other had the Caribbean Pasta. It was all so good, we couldn't help but to pick from each other's plate.

Thumbs up from me...I'll go back agian

• Visited November 2011

Long Beach, California
“Best rainy Sunday ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

Last Sunday my girlfriend and I strolled in to Bliss. It was pouring rain our and frankly I didn't expect much. To our surprise we walked in to an all out Blues Fest. The bar was packed and the music was awesome. The name of the band was Johnny Mastro & The Momma's Boys and they rocked it. We started with Bottomless Mimosas and moved on to some craft beers. Had an awesome Club Sandwich which was so different than any others I've had before and topped it off with some sweet potato fries. Everyone must try this place!

• Visited November 2011
Long Beach CA
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

I read other reviews of Bliss 525 and our experience was nothing like theirs. The service was slow (but didn't seem to be our waitresses fault - the table next to ours had eve worse service and a different waiter). The bread was so dry it was almost inedible, and on a Wednesday night at 6pm, they had run out of one of the appetizers. The food was overpriced, as was the wine. The least expensive bottle of wine was $26, and oh, guess what? They didn't have that one, of course! Because the food was so expensive, we opted for getting salads. The quality was fine and the portions were a good size (the half plate of salad was huge and enough for a meal), but I still wouldn't rate this restaurant very high.

The patio seating was nice, but noisy on a busy street (Broadway) and as much as I love dogs, they don't belong in restaurants. The people next to us brought their little dog who was defensive over his territory. Being right on the sidewalk, every time someone walked by with their dog, the other one would go nuts. That doesn't make for a very relaxing dinner.

There are many restaurants in downtown Long Beach that have better food, better prices, and better ambiance.

• Visited August 2011