“Out with good friends”

Michael's on Naples
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's on Naples is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,116 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cross street: Ravenna and Campo
Anaheim, California
“Out with good friends”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

It was our turn to host 2 very good friends for dinner. We decided to go to Long Beach take in some art and then dinner on a Sunday. Based on ratings we picked Michael's and made a 5:30 PM reservation. We arrived at 5:20 and they were not seating until 5:30 so we went upstairs to the bar. Very comfortable and we each ordered a drink. The only negative in our 3 hour dining experience was both at the bar and dining and that was serving delays. The bartender seemed to disappear and it took sometime before we were served our drinks. We were then seated downstairs (quieter) for dinner. Even with delays the staff were all friendly and upbeat. Our dinner server was very knowledgable about the menu and that helped make this a great dining experience. We shared 9 items and loved them all. This included 4 smaller dishes such as a great grilled octopus, mushrooms on Brioche with a duck egg, mussels and clams, a beet salad and as main courses duck and pasta Puttanesca. We enjoyed a bottle of Justin red blend and shared 3 outstanding deserts. Around 7 the place was full on a Sunday night! Everything including the plating was elegant. Even with gaps in service this is a repeat. Be alerted it is not inexpensive. The duck dish was $34 the small plates were $16 to $18 and the wine was $125. The four of us thought it was worth it!

• Visited March 2014

Fullerton
“Real pizza - the italian way”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My son and I went to Michael's on Naples island on 2nd street last Thursday. Our Server, Lester suggested the Stone IPA known as Stochasticity and Beeradvicate Great Divide. Having good beers on tap like these makes it just that more flavorful.
Added to that, we split a Michael's insalata for a starter - yes, more than enough for two. The pizza was NOT a typical "Papa John's" clone, yet the price was not much more. We had the pizze Capricciosa made with a great Fresh crust and generous amounts of Tomato, house-made mozzarella, artichokes, mushrooms, prosciutto cotto, and olives. All in all, a great dinner in an excellent restaurant at a reasonable price..

• Visited March 2014
Long Beach, CA
“Always a Pleasure”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've been to Michael's many times and each time is better than the last. Occasionally, I've had to wait for a table, but the two bar areas are terrific. The bartenders always satisfy. The staff is incredibly friendly and knowledgable. They treat everybody with respect and kindness no matter how you're dressed (I sometimes I show up extremely casual). The past three times, I've had the pleasure of Roberto taking care of me. There is is plenty to choose from on the menu and if the chef is offering specials, I suggest you take advantage. The specials are never a disappointment. The tasting menus are fairly priced and worth the money. The wine selection is good and the beer selection is limited, but fine. My favorite dish is the grilled octopus, but everything on the menu is fantastic. For dessert, get the Italian donuts...fun to eat and delicious! Michael is often hanging around and is a friendly guy. He seems genuinely concerned about satisfying his clients. I suggest you make reservations to minimize your wait. Oh, although the restaurant is very nice, there is no view. Honestly, the you don't even notice the lack of windows, because the restaurant is nicely appointed and you are getting AMAZING food and service.

• Visited July 2013
Long Beach, California
“Naples' culinary delight”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I had been wanting to dine at Michael’s and finally had the opportunity when we were invited to celebrate a friend’s birthday. After valet parking our car for a $4 charge, we entered into the small reception area, bar, and dining room. Our table for 8 was located in the middle of the room with little space from other tables. Our party brought wine and we also selected a couple of bottles from the sommelier. The server offered a choice of flat or sparkling water and we were served chicken pate with freshly baked bread. We ordered from a pre-fix menu that was special for dineLA at $45 for a 3 course meal. After consulting with each other, my husband and I chose the rabbit soup, quail, and chocolate tart with ice cream and salted caramel. The soup was somewhat spicy for me but tasty, the quail was perfectly situated on top of beans and potato fingerlings, and the dessert was outstanding. Other choices that our friends selected were the green pasta or the artichoke salad for the appetizer, and the pork chop for the main dish. Next time, we will select those items as we were told they were delicious and more substantial. A couple of our friends complained about the small portion size which was satisfactory to me given my diet.

I was pleased with the service, particularly since they were busy on a Friday night with dineLA. Overall, the food was well presented and delicious, and worth another visit. The meals are pricey for someone on a budget and we may take advantage of the happy hour menu. We were informed that there is dining upstairs in an open patio, preferable for warmer nights.

• Visited January 2014
Roswell, Georgia
“Long Beach Gem”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Excellent Northern Italian restaurant on Naples Island in Long Beach. Delicious homemade pastas melted in our mouths. Cocktails and wine were delicious. Our server was attentive, knowledgeable, and helpful in making our selections. His humor completed his service. We ate in the dining area by the bar. It was perfect. The noise level was moderate but we could easily have a conversation. We really enjoyed this wonderful dining experience.

• Visited January 2014