“I got lucky”

Michael's on Naples
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's on Naples is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 1,111 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cross street: Ravenna and Campo
Johns Creek, Georgia
“I got lucky”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

At the last minute I needed a restaurant for a meeting at a spot between Newport and Los Angeles and found Michaels. When I called for the reservation, the lady said that I would be sitting upstairs with the Jazz band. As it was a meeting, I really didn't want overpowering music, but she assured me that it was background music. I asked about the parking and she said that they have valet for $4 and it was really the only choice in the area.
We arrived, the valet was friendly , we entered and went upstairs and seated in an intimate setting next to a heat lamp and in front of the band. It was perfect background music and comfortable. They have a great wine list which we selected a bottle which we later followed up with another of the same. The service was great, attention but not pestering. We ordered a couple of appetizers which were ok, frankly the bread was better. All of the entrees were very tasty and creative. A memorable dining experience is a collective of service, ambiance, and food quality and I think that Michaels delivers.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank craig r

Arlington, VA
“Fabulous Food And Wine”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We visited Michael's during the week on a trip to Long Beach, and our meal was by far the highlight of the trip. My dining companion and I ordered the Pasta Chef's Menu with wine pairings, and every dish was well seasoned, perfectly cooked, and wonderfully sequenced from fresh to hearty flavors. Be sure to get the wine pairings--each was perfectly paired to enhance the dish but was lovely to drink on its own. My only regret is that I was too full to manage the dessert course!

The rooftop seating area was a bit too cool for us on a winter's evening, but I imagine it's a fantastic place to relax in other a seasons. Make a reservation to get the best table, and enjoy your evening!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ArlingtonTravels
SoCal
“The reason we came”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Kevin makes the best Vesper cocktail anywhere! Food was superb! Staff was very enjoyable and attentive. We did the pasta tasting and each dish was unique and flavors were fresh and clean. Hats off the the chef! The owner came around and introduced himself to insure we were happy with our experience. I recommend sitting upstairs where there is an open roof lounge and sitting area under canopy with plenty of heating.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank jharper455
Long Beach, California
“Darkness and chared food”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

First while the menu offered interesting dishes, we were seated at a table SO dark none of us could read our menus. There was no overhead lighting at all and the tiny candle on the table was of no help. Fortunately we had 'flashlights' on our phones to assist...but, seriously, doesn't Michael's want its customers to be able to SEE what to order? Secondly, my husbands lamb dish, wrapped in bacon, was completely charred on one side and raw on the other. We did enjoy the galato/sorbets and the end of the meal, but we don't plan to go back to Michael's any time soon.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank CarolSmithWelsh
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Nice place to have romantic dinner”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

A luxury restaurant suitable for couple. The foods is okay, not as good as my friend told me if you compare with the price. I recommend you go there only if you can afford it

Visited November 2012