All reviews full kitchen freeway noise basketball court breakfast spread marriott rewards own bathroom fire pit living area sofa bed front desk staff free breakfast would definitely stay here again checking in queen mary penthouse inns willow
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2016

Stayed for about a month for a work trip back in April-May and everything was fantastic. The staff was so amazing with everything from recommendations to making sure everything was ok for the long stay. This place started to feel like home after a few weeks and getting to know most of the front desk staff ( due to many key replacements ). If I was ever to travel back to the west coast I would try to stay at this location again. The pool was nice, at times it was crowded with kids but mostly on the weekend so it wasn't too bad. The mix and mingles were fun and a great idea as well. Thank you for making my time away from home so enjoyable!

Room tip: If you know you are going to be there awhile I would ask for a room on the second level
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
RILB_GM, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Long Beach! We are always thrilled to hear from our guests and hear amazing feedback such as yours! We certainly hope to see you again if you travel to the Long Beach area again.
Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

Booked the penthouse suite to attend my friends graduation. Upon check-in the young lady told me my credit card did not work and would not re-swipe it until I called my credit card company in front of her even though I told her it was good. The room they assigned was right on the street and traffic was very loud (I think they already knew this) I requested another room to no surprise and upon check in the room smelled like mildew so we had to go purchase Lysol and air freshener. The toilets would not stop running and tilted as if they were not installed correctly. The beds were uncomfortable and the floors were very dirty. I say all of this to say I am a Marriott Elite Rewards member and stay at Marriott a lot. The rate at this hotel for this room was the same price to stay at the Renaissance Downtown Long Beach and we were scheduled to stay 5 nights. Since we were there for an event downtown we checked out and went to the Renaissance downtown. Staying at this location is like staying at an Extended Stay type motel. A lady was tanning on her couch pulled up to the door of her room so every time we came out we had to look at her half naked. I am sure it would be great for someone but not at all what we expected. The pictures are deceiving and the hotel looks nothing like what the website shows. It is a cheap motel charging marriott prices. Did I mention the doors are on the outside (garden apartment like). Our room was upstairs so we had to lug our large luggage two flights up concrete stairs. It is close to the long beach airport.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
RILB_GM, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very sorry you were disappointed with your stay, and I apologize for the inconvenineces you experienced. I assure you this is an isolated occurrence, and I encourage you to stay with us again. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if you decide to stay with us again.
With kind regards,

Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

The penthouse suite was very spacious. Breakfast was wonderful. Front desk staff was courteous for the most part. Management doesn't care about you. Housekeeping was horrible. Plan on cleaning your space and going to get your own towels as the cleaning staff isn't big on cleaning and isn't fluent enough in English to understand your requests. I would not consider coming back.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are always happy to receive honest feedback from our valued guests. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and you found our front desk staff to be helpful and friendly. I'm very sorry we disappointed you in regards to the daily room service. I will share this valuable feedback with our team to ensure we are providing amazing service to each and every guest.

Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

For our family vacation I chose this hotel over a vacation rental so I wouldn't have to do any cleaning and for the free breakfast. The breakfast and the woman who served it every day was great. There was ample variety every day. The front desk crew was friendly and helpful most of the time. The first few days our stay was pleasant, however, the entire 7 days we were there, our room got cleaned twice. The front desk listened to my complaints and indicated they would report it to the management, but nothing was done to resolve this issue. I had to purchase my own cleaning supplies and clean every day. I was emptying trash cans and requesting new towels each day. On day 5 of our vacation, we came back very late after a long day of CA sight seeing, to find no towels. (As usual) My call requesting clean towels was ignored. I called back and then no one answered the phone. We finally gave up on showering and went to sleep! The next morning, the front desk again said they would let management know about it, but no one took responsibility for ignoring us. Miguel was in charge that night and failed to fulfill his responsibility. On our last day, we once again addressed the cleaning of our room, and it was done very carelessly. The floor was still dirty and had not been mopped.

If your main priority is space, this is the place for you. The free parking and breakfast were a nice bonus as well. If cleanliness and customer service is your priority, go somewhere else. Management does not care about these things and they won't care about any issues you have as well.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Lego c
RILB_GM, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and found our staff to be friendly. I sincerely apologize your room was not cleaned as requested. We want our guests to have a wonderful and memorable stay at our hotel, and I'm very sorry we disappointed you. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

I've stayed in about dozen or so Residence Inn before but I must say this one is the worst especially for one that has recently been renovated. First thing I noticed was one of the chrome strips for the lamp already falling apart. Maybe they did change out some parts of the room such as bed and carpet and repainted the walls. In no way the counters of bathtubs were replaced. As the night went on, I hopped in the shower and the water was lukewarm at best. Definitely no hot showers in this room. Jumping out of the shower I quickly grabbed towel to wipe my body and my face, next thing I know there's a piece of string on in the towel. I moved the towel away from my face and it turns out to be a long piece of hair. It's just not my night. The next morning, the sink only had hot water. Just the opposite of the shower. No kidding!! I check the outlet under the sink to make sure the cold and hot water were turned on. It turns out that no water was coming out from the cold water pipe. I had to get to work so I didn't call it in in the morning.

After returning from a 10 hour work day, I called the front desk. Waiting for an hour and still no show from the hotel engineer.I gave the front desk a call. She said he came back earlier and I didn't answer. Not sure what happened but I was in the living room the whole time waiting. Quite possible that he went to the wrong room. Anyways, another night of taking a cold shower. I will never come to this place again.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank vay9
RILB_GM, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. I appreciate your feedback very much, and I hope you will consider staying with us again as this is not the normal level of service we provide.