“Great Staff & Nice Space”

Residence Inn Long Beach
Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed May 24, 2013

As most Residence Inn's can provide; there is a nice amount of room (although the bathroom could do with some updating). All the in room amenities that you could need are available, the hot breakfast in the morning at the lobby is nice (very crowded though!), and the staff is VERY helpful (Andrew & Nancy were AWESOME).

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor, but know there is not an elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in recent months. Both times it was for business reasons. The hotel is certainly adequate, but quite a distance from good restaurants and the heart of Long Beach. If one is flying in or out, the location is probably ideal as it is less than 10 minutes from the Long Beach Airport. The rooms are large with a sitting and small kitchen area. The beds are comfortable. The heating and a/c are okay, but difficult to manage to the temp one wants. One trip the weather was quite chilly and I wanted it warmer, but the air kept coming on; the second trip it was very warm and I wanted it cooler, but couldn't get it to work unless I was willing to let it run continuously.
They have a nice buffet breakfast each morning with eggs, bacon and sausage, yogurt, fruit, and waffles or pancakes. I was not there in the evening to try their "Happy Hour," so cannot comment on that. They do not offer food in the evening, so one must find a restaurant for dinner and there is nothing close by.
The staff were friendly and helpful, but the lobby area is quite small and backs up when there are several people waiting to be helped.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had a recent business trip that coincided with the Grand Prix, so my usual downtown hotel was full. I tried this Residence Inn because it was near the airport and my departure was early in the morning.
Front desk staff was very helpful and let me check in early (~1 pm). The rooms are very nice and I enjoy having a fully-equipped kitchen.
The breakfasts were good and the manager's receptions on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were nice too.
Work out room was relatively small, but not crowded in the early morning hours.
I plan to stay here again because of the friendly staff and great service.

Room Tip: Second floor is always my preference
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Doug P
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We traveled with 6 and stayed in their 2 bedroom suite with kitchenette which I highly recommend for families needing a great value. Our first room was all open which would work for families with older children but we had an infant so the next day we asked front desk staff if they had another room similar to ours but with a door to one bedroom and they did and switched us right away which was fantastic. We all enjoyed their free hot breakfast and their light dinners on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. This hotel has easy access to the places we visited all within 20 min - Aquarium, Cal Science Center, La Brea Tar Pits, Queen Mary, and of course Disneyland. I would definitely stay at a Residence Inn whenever I travel, especially with kids. If u are looking for the traditional "hotel stay" don't stay here but do stay at a Residence Inn (with a tower building layout). This is more of an apartment feel design.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Ruswood
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed at this property three times in the past year. I recommend it for both business and pleasure. The rooms are clean, good size and the landscaping is quite attractive. My individual requests for extra service were fulfilled immediately by the friendly, attentive staff. I love the two bedroom penthouse suite.

A hearty, varied breakfast buffet is included daily and an evening social (dinner for me) as well Monday through Thursday. The location is close to downtown, the Beach and reasonable distance to day trip all over the LA area especially on the weekend. It is close to the freeways. The rush hour traffic can be wicked during the week if you want to leave Long Beach for the day. Get live traffic info from AAA or the web.

Each room has a kitchen with full sized appliances and dishes, utensils, pots and pans as well as a coffee maker. It is easy to save money and eat healthier by going to the grocery store and fixing some meals and snacks.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ludwig L
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed at the hotel from 3/30 to 4/6 to attend a funeral. We stayed first at the two bedroom penthouse and then scaled down to a studio. Each unit has a full service kitchen in each room, stove, microwave, refrig, with 4 place setting of plates, bowls, etc. with all the necessary cooking tools. One dinner that we prepared required milk that we didnt have, but was available in the lobby. Beds were very comfortable, even the sofa bed was tolerable.
The lobby has a small area to purchase snacks-warning-airport pricing. Coffee is available 24/7. A hot breakfast is available, eggs, meat, potatoes, waffles. Juice, milk and soda.
Had no problems with the wifi-speed was good, no buffering while watching YouTube. WiFi is free
Location of the hotel is close to the Long Beach airport, within an easy 3/5 minute drive if that long.
A big shout out to the front desk staff, they showed concern for my mom and funeral for her sister. They even provided a bouquet of flowers for her. I wish I had gotten the persons name on the desk. I can easily recommend this hotel

Room Tip: The penthouse rooms are on the upper level and there are no elevators. Also some of the rooms are al...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pete84120
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed two nights. Got off in LAX...the taxi ride was $75.00. The staff is extremely nice. Checking in was smooth. Rooms are typical Residence Inn style. They were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was decent. The dinner was adequate. The ride to the Airport (Long Beach) in the morning was a breeze...5 minutes. Would stay again if in Long Beach.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business