“Nice stay”

Ranked #20 of 56 Hotels in Long Beach
Kansas City, Missouri
“Nice stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed here on business. Very close to the Long Beach airport. Nice evening reception and breakfast. The room was clean and spacious. The TV was placed in the living area, not very convient to watch from the bed. My only complaint was with the bill. I had booked the room at one business rate that was incorrect. When I received my bill, a different rate (the correct one) was applied. When I went to the front desk to ask about the different rate, the staff member was very indignant about the situation. Overall, nice stay, bad customer relations experience.

Room Tip: First floor room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
WHITE PLAINS
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed at this residence in for 1 night. I had to wait a while for the front desk to check me in. They were too busy chatting about there evening plans. I was than charged for water that was not in the room. When asked to reverse the charge, they asked for my room number which I did not remember (aftern a week). They than said they needed to inventory their water. REALLY!! It does not appear that they have reversed the charge and I will have to dispute it through my credit card company.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. It did not appear to be in a very good area of Long Beach. Lots of store with ba...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank suzzy261
ResidenceInnLBGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Beach, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate all types of feedback and I’m very sorry that your stay was not satisfactory. I apologize for the confusion with the water charges. I will personally investigate this if you can contact me directly with your reservation number. As well, we pride ourselves on customer service and I can assure you the wait time at the front desk was an isolated incident and I’ll be following up with our front desk staff accordingly. If you have any additional comments or concerns I’m happy to speak with you directly. Sincerely, Lucas Fiamengo, General Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

The hotel staff here is top notch. Everyone was so friendly and accomodating, especially the front desk staff. Our room was perfect for what we needed. The breakfast was filling and though other reviews stated that they ran out of food often, we did not have that experience. The location is very convenient to the major highways although may not be in the nicest location - we felt safe enough here however.

Overall, I would recommend this location. One minor inconvenience - parking is very close at this location. Our midsized car even proved a tight fit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

I have been using this property in Long Beach for years. Even when we used to live in Long Beach, we would put visiting friends and relatives up at this Residence Inn. Now, when we go back and visit, this is always our own choice property. The rooms are classic Residence Inn; very spacious with a full kitchen and we have never found the prices to be unreasonable. It is in a good location just off of 405 but it is also far enough away that traffic noise is non-existent. Also, as is typical Residence Inn, there is a full hot breakfast in the morning which you can enjoy either inside or outside. The pool is nothing outlandishly special but it is well kept, good temperature, and always fun to swim in as it is never terribly crowded. I highly recommend this property to anyone visiting Long Beach and I look forward to being back for our next stay.

• Stayed August 2011
Alpharetta, GA USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Great Residence inn. Only two bedroom hotel we found at great price (comparably) in the area. Great courtyard with grill and fire pit, pool on site. If you are a family or group or extended stay business person it's a great choice.

A mile from Long Beach airport, 5 miles from seal beach, 15 minute drive to Long Beach convention and entertainment district.

Such a great staff, especially the folks who run an server the free breakfast and manager's reception - they work so hard for you! Arriving late with no groceries, staff gladly gave us milk to sooth our kids. Marriott should award this staff!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank jonk73
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

We had used trip advisor reviews to help pick out this location. We booked a two queen loft since we were traveling with my in-laws and needed a suite. This hotel appeared to be nice for the price based on the reviews we read.

Several important factors that we didn't know that would have caused us to book elsewhere:
~This property is located near the highway so you can hear the highway at all times of day/night.
~The walls are thin enough that you can hear people going up and down the stairs outside of the units.
~There is construction noise from the adjacent lot (which is not the hotel's fault).
~The rooms are fine, but not nice - the unit we stayed in for the one night had scuffs on the doors and walls.

There were a few significant issues, in addition to the things above that caused us to leave after one night even though the hotel offered to give us a different room;
~There were blood stains/spots on the wall in the bathroom and door
~Blood stains were also found on the bedskirt and the comforter
~the doors into the "master" room downstairs were sticky and difficult to open, so they made lots of noise, and because the walls inside the unit were thin, even with the doors closed there was no sound privacy from the rest of the unit.
~The mattress on the bed was not especially comfortable. I slept because I was exhausted after a long day but didn't like how it felt.

We alerted the manger to the stains. In an email, we sent her pictures of the stains. Later she replied that the stains "are actually chocolate and lipstick stains". Blood spatter and lipstick smears do NOT look the same and I CAN tell the difference! She also stated the the sheets are bleached daily so blood stains should have appeared bright red (not dull brown like they looked because they were set-in) - however the issue with this statement is that none of the stains were found on sheets, they were on other fabrics that don't get cleaned daily and on the bathroom door & walls.

For breakfast there was hot food, however since we had to unexpectedly check out we arrived near the end of the serving time and the selection was more limited and not automatically replenished. The food was only "ok" as the eggs I ate were rubbery and the french toast old.

We relocated to a MUCH nicer hotel and I highly recommend that location instead - Hyatt The PIKE (formerly AVIA Long Beach) I will be reviewing it as well. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g32648-d1370955-r129675469-AVIA_Long_Beach-Long_Beach_California.html

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located next to the Long Beach airport, so it is a convienient location for business travelers. However, if you are vacationing in Long Beach, this hotel is about fifteen miles from downtown and the beach and there is little to do near this hotel. Consistent with other Marriotts this hotel was clean and the check-in staff was friendly and efficient. However, the exterior of the property ideducted, and a bit run down and needs a make-over. Our two bedroom suite was actually one large open room with loft and no doors, so if you are traveling with friends, you will not have any privacy. Also, get to breakfast as soon as possible, they do run short on items since others guests seem to believe a famine is evident and stockpile large quantity of food in their rooms. Overall, an average experience but I usually expect more from Marriott.

• Stayed June 2012