“As the Governator says, I'll be back!”

Lola's Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #56 of 1,119 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Long Beach, California
“As the Governator says, I'll be back!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I went here for breakfast on Sunday. I heard good things about this restaurant, but hadn't gone before. I called ahead of time to see if they were still serving breakfast, and to ask if they have my favorite breakfast dish, chillaquilles. When the answer was yes to both questions, I rushed right over.

I was seated quickly, and my order was taken. It seems like the food came in no time. A nice waiter gave me the Wi-Fi code, which is always a plus.

I had orange juice, which was only okay. It obviously wasn't fresh squeeze, but it wasn't bad. However, I won't be getting that again. My breakfast however was excellent! I ordered the chiliquilles, and I chose to have my eggs scrambled. The plate looked beautiful – see my photo. It came with rice, and refried beans. It seemed like there weren't whole beans in that side dish, but the flavor was still good.

It was a large amount of food, and I was proud of myself for not eating like a piggy, and finishing it all. I got a take home container, and enjoyed that, too!

Next time, I'm definitely trying their flan. I see they are taking orders for holiday tamales, and I will probably order half a dozen, for $12.95.

I saw a lot of wonderful things on the menu, and I can't wait till my next visit.

I parked in the lot on the corner of 4th and Cherry.. I paid cash into the machine, $.50 for an hour. You can also put in a credit card. You have to pay seven days a week, but it was well worth it.

2 Thank AmeliaAirheart

“Authentic Mexican Food”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Lola's has great food with recipes passed down the generations with wonderful additions by the chef. it is located in the heart of Retro Row which affords you the luxury of a little shopping before, a great movie across the street and a drink afterwards at one of the local establishments. whether you want a cozy dinner indoors or the new parklet or back patio, you will not be disappointed.

Visited November 2012
“Ole!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Great, cheap eats and a movie on Sunday afternoon in midtown Long Beach. We purchased our tickets at the Art Theatre on Fourth (a hidden, restored gem) and decided to simply walk across the street to a newer restaurant called Lola's, with no real expectations. The place has a look inside and out of Tijuana but very clean and neat. Service was immediate and friendly and water, chips and sauces -- a salsa and a green sauce that was somewhat akin to what we saw coming out of Linda Blair's mouth in The Exorcist. The salsa and the green stuff were very good, I particularly liked them mixed together. The chips were okay, nothing spectacular but good. But, OMG (to use one of my kid's expressions), the food was fantastic and the value place of the decade. I ordered Birria Guadalajara. It was simpy incredible, especially considering the $12 buck or so price. While the corn tortillas were good they were not hand-made great like La Esquina (the basement part of it) in NYC or Gabbi's in Orange, California; but for the value I cannot complain about anything in Lola's and it is now our new favorite Mexican restaurant in Long Beach.

• Visited March 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place!”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Lolas is the newest establishment to inherent this locale and a great mexican restaurant! The service and food is an added greatness to 4th st. Don't forget to get a bottle of wine accriss.the street and check out a movie!

Long Beach, California
“Lola's ISA local favorite.”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I love this place. The owners are extremely warm and welcoming. The food is delicious and I love the Mexican Coca Cola. We eat here on a regular basis and always enjoy ourselves and really like to introduce our friends to the family atmosphere.