“Good deal in Long Beach”

Tower Motel Long Beach
Ranked #36 of 57 Hotels in Long Beach
Seattle
“Good deal in Long Beach”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The other reviews had me a little scared of the neighborhood but staying at this motel was a very good experience. Everything was clean, well kept and in good repair--better than some higher-priced places. The manager was very security minded--he asks everyone for a photo ID and takes awhile to check it--but I didn't see any signs explicitly warning away prostitutes. We arrived early and the manager said "No problem"--just had us wait until a suitable room was ready and we moved right in with no extra charge. Our early checkout was a little shakier--the lady clearly did not speak English but was eloquent enough in gestures that everything was fine. We will stay here again if the need arises.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jbz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kent, Washington
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have stayed at the Tower Hotel many times over the years and find the Tower to be not only inexpensive but also very comfortable, clean, helpful staff, friendly neighborhood, remodeled rooms, ( great TV ), and bus service in front of hotel. Also microwave and fridge in all rooms.

Room Tip: Very good Mexican restaurant just across the street and stores nearby.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rodney534
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very accommodating, rooms are nice....refrigerator, microwave, ice machine, HD big screen TV (with lots of channels). We flew from Florida for a business trip and I was worried about the price...pleasantly surprised!! Definitely, I would not take the time to recommend this place if it was not nice or a great experience!

Room Tip: Only been in one of there rooms...however excellent!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Rick T
Stuttgart
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The neighborhood was tough to walk through (the 801 train is a few blocks, 5-10 minute walk) - a lot of people on the streets, got asked a few too many times about my coat... But everything else was surprisingly nice for the lowest price one can pay in Long Beach. Run by an Indian family that was very friendly, helped out after check-out with finding some things left in the room. The room had a clean carpet, remodeled bathroom was very clean, water even tasted better than other establishments on the same street. Big TV and micro, big fridge. Pillows were a little thin, but not bad of a bed. Running fan at night shut out the street noise pretty well. I'll stay here again when by myself in Long Beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 2206811
Somewhere
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I failed to read all of the reviews on this property prior to traveling here. I have to say that the rooms were small, but upgraded to modern decor. We rented two rooms one for my wife and I and the other for my mother-in-law and daughter. In my daughter's room when she turned on the AC it smelled like someone had peed in the AC unit. She was forced to open the window instead of use the AC. Despite the no smoking sign on her room and ours the smell of stagnant smoke was very prevalent.

The rooms are very small compared to other motels, but they have been upgraded with granite and tile in the bathroom area. I believe for the price though we would have been better served staying at a Motel 6.

Around 9:00pm I was hungry and decided to order some food. The restaurant across the street served amazing authentic Hispanic food for a very reasonable price. However, my wife was very concerned when I did not return immediately as the neighborhood appeared to be less than upscale and quite possibly dangerous.

When we checked out in the morning the manager was waiting outside our rooms and immediately entered the rooms when I gave him the keys. I felt like we really had an overseer right on our back making sure that we did not steal anything. Not only that there is no waiting area and no lobby to speak of. Just a glass window to shove your id under. I felt like I was at a bank in a dangerous neighborhood.

I would not recommend this place and will not return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank An0n_Traveler

Travelers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

Flawil, Switzerland
Reviewed April 23, 2013

since a few years we are here when we arrive in CA and when we leave. It is a very clean place. Friendly management and stuff. Even when the neighborhood is not the best we feel all times save in this place. We will come for sure again.
Peter B., Switzerland

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank biker758
Burlingame, California
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Despite its extremely reasonable price, which can be less than $50 through partial offers payable in advance and non-refundable, the accommodations were comfortable for a 3-night stay in conjunction with a scientific conference in nearby downtown Long Beach. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the lighting was good. Parking was tight, and late evenings one of the parking gates is closed, so that one must either call the manager to open it, or find a way to back out of the otherwise forward angled parking (tip: rent a small car). No breakfast, and I did not see places very nearby, but I had coffee/breakfast at the conference. It comes with free WiFi, but I used my own hotspot, so I can't rate the wifi service. Manager was friendly. Walls are a bit thin, and one night I was kept awake by a couple arguing for more than half an hour at 2AM; other nights were very quiet.

Room Tip: Room 8 was fine, I'd try to pick rooms 5-10, which are furthest from the streets.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business