“STAY AWAY”

Ranked #33 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
London
“STAY AWAY”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Got to this hotel late at night. The hotel is in a very very bad location full of working girls and crack users. The hotel manager was very rude and was only interested in taking my money. I did not stay the night even though i pre paid for 2 nights. I was too scared to stay in the hotel. I never recieved a refund for the second night even though i was assaulted by one of the hotel guests as i was leaving my car to go to the reception area!!!!

Room Tip: Please save your money and your life, don't book this hotel!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jess78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
jmikkel
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The bad reviews are true. I decided to take a chance after reading some okay ones. Management are extremely rude, they didn't listen to my request for non smoking room, nor were they friendly to speak with. area is really quite scary in the evening, I wouldn't recommend to other girls. It's about 25min walk to beach.
Pay a little extra and stay somewhere decent!!!!!!!!!! I have paid for 4 nights, having to try to sleep with stale cigarette air is not pleasant!

Wifi and cable is only plus

• Stayed July 2011
6 Thank jmikkel

Travelers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 20, 2011

For being a motel, it was just fine. Nothing to rave about and nothing to complain about. We stayed 3 nights at the end of an expensive month long visit to LA, and enjoyed the motels location not too far away from the sights of Long Beach and Signal Hill. For the money, it was a good bargain.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HelloFromOregon
Apalachin, New York
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Came to this place which was 7 miles from the interstate. I thought it might be a dive because the price was so reasonable, but it was lovely. The room was large and spotless. The bed was comfy and I fell right to sleep. I was impressed that for such a low price, there was even a microwave and mini-fridge. Definitely stop here on your way!

Room Tip: You can't get a better room for the price.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Hispamela
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I apologize for sounding hyperbolic, but this motel is unquestionably the worst motel I've ever stayed in. It's the kind of motel where somebody takes a prostitute, and/or somebody they plan on murdering.

Here are a few details:

*There is no housekeeping. We stayed there for 3 nights, and not once did anyone come in to make the bed or clean up.

*The sign on the door read "Non-smoking," as we requested. Not only did the room smell heavily of smoke, but there was also an ashtray in the room.

*The room was filthy, the pillows were slightly yellow (I can only guess why), and the sheets looked as if they hadn't been washed in quite some time.

*There was only 1 towel in the bathroom, despite the fact that the room was used by 2 guests.

*The bathtub was broken; by the time I was done with my shower, the water in the bathtub was almost up to my calf.

*THERE WAS NO HOT WATER WHEN I TOOK A SHOWER.

It's clear that the owners of this motel take no pride whatsoever in running the Royal Inn, because it's filthy, run-down, and disgusting. Stay far, far away from this motel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ryanmer
Long Beach, California
Reviewed August 26, 2010

It a very nice a clean place staff makes you feel at home room service its great . beds are always clean and fresh nice and friendly people, pricing its great and you received good service. I love it i defetnely recomended this place to everybody and im looking forwad to go back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Mahwah, NJ
Reviewed June 9, 2010

WARNING!!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!!
I reserved a room at the Royal Inn
Motel Long Beach*, *2040 East Anaheim Street, Long Beach, CA 90804, for
Friday June 4th-6th. I flew to California from New Jersey on Continental
flight # CO1502. My flight did not arrive until around 11pm. By the time
I got My rental car and got to the hotel it was after 1am. When i Arrived to the Motel, They told me... It was too late and that they had given My room away. my Confirmation
Number was 19384C275096607.

I felt that if he had booked a room that it would be guarenteed and never
imagined that this would happen. At 1am I had to drive around and try to
find a new hotel room. I feel that this is completely unprofessional. I will recomend ...NOT to Book at this Motel. IM a Very disappointed customer.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business