“One of the best Hamburgers in Town”
Review of Kafe Neo

Kafe Neo
Ranked #92 of 1,135 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: American, Greek
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Kafe Neo is an American Kitchen with Greek Soul. Open Daily at 7.30am. We serve Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner 7 days a week. We cook fresh and healthy Greek/American food in a casual contemporary atmosphere. Enjoy Organic Coffees and Fine Loose Leaf Teas along with World Class Wines and Beers.Patio Dining and Parking Available
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very consistent with the food quality over several years. Hard to beat the Angus beef burger! With Greek soul or mushrooms. . .anyway you want it. The specialty juices are great, but 5 time out of 6, they are out of the beet juice. Why not order more of that one if it is so popular?!? Only occasional disappointment, mostly service inspired. Ask for RoseAna and that won't happen.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Have gone here now three times and service and food is on top of its class. I like that their menu is varied and large. You cant go wrong here. Even if you are new to greek food or are just shy to try it, nothing on the menu is of a big surprise or shock. Prices are very reasonable and the portions are large. Go enjoy!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We love to dine here when we are in town. It is a neighborhood restaurant where many of the guests know one another. Some of the waitresses remember us from our previous visits. Food is superb!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed with some friends while in Long Beach and this place was just down the road. We could walk there. They got it as take out one night and it was great! Therefore, when it was just me one evening, I chose to go there again. Mainly out of convenience, but it was good food. I had the spicy chicken pita both times. It would have been good if it came with a side or something else as it was not quite enough food but the flavor and the overall dish was GREAT. The servers were super nice. This is a great little find if you are wanting something simple but delicious.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Okay so I live around the corner from this place and I do LOVE it! I have previously given them 5 stars for the food (on Yelp) however this weekend My Wife and I decided to walk over and have dinner on Sunday night and we were a little disgusted with the inside of this place.

(Normally I order our food to go but this time we wanted to get out of the house and take a walk over)

Upon entering it was HOT, yeah it was hot outside but it felt sticky in here! We sat down and noticed about 3 to 5 flies in this place (GROSS) they don't have those Wind Blowers at the door to keep the flies out when the doors open (they really should look into those) as we are cooling down with our Ice water deciding if we wanted to actually stay (because the Flies were just gross) we look around and notice the base boards in this place are black, like does anyone EVER clean them? The table next to us had fries and crumbs all underneath with more black spots around where the table sits (as if the tables have never been moved so the floor can be mopped) I look over to the other side of me and there's a huge chunk of chicken on the floor like it's been there for a while. (There were only 3 other tables sat inside so we made 4 total) the upolstery on the seats (onlong one side of the restaurant) was so stained it was really kinda sick, I couldn't sit back the entire meal because I didn't know if anything was hiding in there!

The food here is very good, but if the atmosphere isnt matching, it makes it difficult to enjoy yourself. I mean if you can't take care of the front of the house it only makes me wonder what is lurking in the back?!

I hope next time I decide to eat here it has been cleaned up.

1  Thank Annette F
Gus_LB, Owner at Kafe Neo, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Hi Annette; Thanks for bringing your experience to my attention I really do appreciate it.

I'm disappointed that the restaurant wasn't up to par because we really do stay on top of keeping it clean; from the back of the house to the front. I pride myself on having a super clean restaurant at all times and I take full responsibility; my apologies for letting you down.

We did have a very busy weekend due to labor day and it seems like we fell a little behind and dropped the ball. I have taken your critique very seriously and this is what I have done in the past 2 days to correct the situation.

1) I have shared your review with my entire staff from the waitresses to the buss-boys to the Chef. I have instructed them that we are all responsible for the cleanliness of the restaurant, no matter how busy we are.
2) I have had the floors professionally cleaned and polished including the base boards and all tables and chairs
3) The Upholstering is scheduled for steam cleaning tonite.
4) We are also in the process of painting and doing some touch up work
5) The fly situation has been a nuisance for us; we have done all we can including adding the fans outside, traps and regular spraying but being that it has been so hot it has been very challenging to keep them out; as soon as the weather cools they will disappear

I can assure you the next time you visit Kafe Neo you will see a restaurant you can be happy to dine in. if you ever have any other issues or concerns please call me directly on my cell phone anytime.

Gus Sverkos
562 388 3434 c

Been to Kafe Neo? Share your experiences!