“Maybe it's just not my thing”

The Dinner Detective Murder Mystery Dinner Show
More attraction details
Owner description: The Dinner Detective is an award winning, comedic, interactive murder mystery dinner show.
Los Angeles, California
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Maybe it's just not my thing”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I can tell right away who was the actor/actresses. We had this one actor sat in our table. It's so obvious since the whole table was just us! We knew right away he was a part of the show. Surely enough, after salad, he was "dead".

Visited July 2012
3 Thank PoySak

Long Beach, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Murder and Birthdays go together”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband celebrated a major b-day but did not want the usual kind of party. So I did a murder mystery lunch. It was a huge hit. most of our friends had never expected to be caught up in murder. The actor were great and the people I dealt with at the company were very helpful. It's now April and our friend are still talking about the party .

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Jacque H
Monrovia, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Fantastic Awesome Time! Highly Recommend!!!!!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My fiancé and I totally enjoyed the show and were immediately pulled into the action! Dont go if you are shy or have no sense of humor! I actually became PART of the show! (Later I found out that my fiancé has emailed them and sent them a wonderful picture of me behind bars at Alcatraz), which they had a bit of fun with! I go to act too . . . It was sooo much fun! I've seen the comments about the food on this site . . L and while I agree the old was subpar . . . WHAT you are really paying for is a unique experience on a boat! I was just happy with that and felt like it was one of he most romanic things my sweetie has ever done for me. Still . . . The filet was not bead and the service good . . . And they did have a bar which was nice. The seating was six people per table. Hopefully you get seated next to some cool people . . . Otherwise it could sort of suck.

Here's something I am so proud of . . . Before the show even started I looked around the room and tried to guess who the killer was. I pointed out one guy in particular and told my fiancé that I was sure it was him. There were at least 60 suspects and at the end of the show they revealed the killer and I was right!!!! OMG!!! I either watch too much CSI or I'm just a great judge of human character. Either way I will never forget my evening there . . . It was definitely a night to remember and I highly suggest it to anyone just looking for something very different to do or as a romantic evening or two. Don't bring kids though . . . Please. There is some adult content but mostly just because yhe whole room becomes the show and adults are just better suited for this experience. I hope you I and have just as much fun as we did!!!!!!!! :)

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Lynette T
Long Beach, CA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good story but...”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My husband and I went to check this out. We had never been to a murder mystery dinner show and wanted to see what it was like. The execution of the story was very entertaining, but the food was sub-par for the price you paid. I still haven't gotten over the platter of fried appetizers that was set down in front of us. These days most people are trying to eat healthy, and to have fried cheese, fried zucchini, onion rings, etc. as the only options on the platter...no way was I eating that! The entrees were fair, not great. It's really not hard to do good food, but I guess these people think it's still easier to not care too much.

Visited August 2011
5 Thank misspattie
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Absolutely fabulous!”
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

We were so thrilled when we made the reservations and very pleased with the whole show and dinner! We sat next to really nice fun people who made the experience so worth it, we were laughing so hard that our cheeks were sore for the rest of the night! Our favorite part was choosing an alias for ourselves, so if you plan on going think of a name before you go cause you don't have much time to make one up before you head in the dining room. We are definitely going again! So worth it :)

3 Thank ladymeow87