“Great Value for Stylish Hotel”

Hyatt Centric The Pike Long Beach
Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, CA
“Great Value for Stylish Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stayed here for one night and was impressed with the value for a sleek, stylish hotel. We were able to get a special rate for being California residents. I think this place would definitely appeal to the younger crowd or anyone that likes a modern hip feel. I really liked the decor of the room and lobby. The colors and furniture were all cool and stylish and plus there was a nice flat screen TV in the room. The bathroom had a walk in shower, which was a long, rectangular shower area with a small bench in it. You could choose between using a standard type shower head or the large rain shower head. The location is convenient and is within walking distance to restaurants on Pine St. It is also very close to other attractions like the aquarium, convention center, and Queen Mary.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J_Lee
AVIALongBeachGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Pike Long Beach, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so happy you found AVIA to be a great value and the décor very stylish. Thank you for the great comments regarding the amenities offered in the room and the location being close to many great sites and restaurants. We hope we have the opportunity to host you the next time you are in Long Beach.

Bob Haury, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2010

This was my first time at any AVIA hotel and I was very impressed. The room rate was 30% less than nearby Hyatt and Radisson and it was nicer in every way. The architecture and ambience is relaxing and human-scale with a modern, urban flair. The staff are friendly. My room had everything I needed - intelligently designed AND free wifi! The rooftop pool and patio are lovely. I will not look for opportunities to stay at AVIA hotels in other cities.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
AVIALongBeachGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Pike Long Beach, responded to this review, October 10, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

We are truly glad that you found AVIA to be comfortable and friendly. We are delighted you were very impressed with your first visit and look forward you to staying with us again in Long Beach or at one of our other locations.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

Let me start off by saying that this hotel is drop-dead georgeous! It looks exactly like the website and the designers and management staff are always tweaking the hotel to improve your experience. The lobby has a pleasant fragrance in the air and when I inquired the front desk attendant infomed me that the scent was especially made for Avia. My room was the epitome of contemporary chic. The rooftop pooldeck is fierce! My only concern is that I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and my hotel was only cleaned once. I arrived Friday morning and was allowed to check in early and the room was spotless. On Saturday, no one came to clean my room. I called the Front Desk and was promised that someone would be sent to the room and no one ever showed up. On Sunday, I called again to request housekeeping and I left my room for approximately 5 hours. When I came back the room still had not been cleaned. I called the Front Desk again and the Housekeeping supervisor and two of her staff showed up to clean. I left the room while they cleaned and the Front Desk attendant met me at the pool bar and bought me a drink and apologized profusely for the oversight. Then I was given free breakfast, dinner and drink coupons. Overall, my stay was great and I would reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

I am overjoyed you found the hotel to be drop-dead gorgeous and the rooftop pool more than expected.

I do apologize for the problems you experienced with the housekeeping service. The housekeeping staff typically receives very good service marks, so we are disappointed in our sub par performance while you were here. We also understand that we all have ongoing room for improvement and are taking every measure to better our services.

We do appreciate your feedback and are pleased you will recommend AVIA to others.

Sammamish, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

Long Beach is still a "transitional" city. This hotel is a gem hidden in the LA area. It's right at the end of the 710 freeway with great access to the offerings of Long Beach as well as direct access to the freeways. We have stayed here several times for social and business reasons and will continue to.

The hotel is very modern, I wouldn't recommend it for my grand parents or anyone with kids. By far and away the pool is the most impressive feature of the hotel. It's roof top and offers views of the harbor.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the kind comments regarding AVIA Long Beach. It is so great to read you are a returning guest and have enjoyed your stay every time. I am so glad you've been able to enjoy the rooftop pool with the fabulous views and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2010

The AVIA hotel is fantasic, its located in the pike area of long beach, about a 5 minuite walk from the marina full of bars,restaurants, clubs, whale watching and a great view of the queen Mary. Beneath the hotel is the pike, this are has restaurants, bars, cinema and shops, basically all you need on your door step as there is not much else to see in long beach. if you walk towards the main st dont go past 7th avenue as there is nothing to see and the area may distort your image of long beach, a personal encounter of mine was a man being beaten by the police. Other than that long beach is amazing, espically in the AVIA. The rooftop pool is amazing and the hotel has a gym and wifi. The beds are heavenly and the showers(yes pulral) are great. no flaws about the hotel at all. The area around the hotel is greatly entertaining there is even a mystery dinner boat and free buses that bring you to all the attractions. I didnt make it to the beach myself but i was told its something to see.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
AVIALongBeachGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Pike Long Beach, responded to this review, October 4, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

It is an amazing compliment to for you to say AVIA is the best hotel in Long Beach. It sounds as though you were able to see quite a bit of the area while you were there. Thank you for the great comments regarding the rooftop pool, comfortable beds and delightful showers. We hope you will stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Wrexham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights on honeymoon. The hotel is in a good location with restaurants, bars and the Queen Mary very close at hand. The rooms were nice and spacious, well furnished and clean. There was access to free internet in the lobby area. There is a really nice pool on the roof terrace for those lazy days by the pool ! We would definitely stay here again if we were in Long Beach !

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

It is a pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay at AVIA Long Beach for your honeymoon. I am so glad you enjoyed the amenities at the hotel and the location was perfect for site seeing. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2010

Amazing hotel. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept on. The hotel is smaller than I thought, the rooms however, are spacious. Very well decorated. There is a parking structure next to the hotel. The hotel will give you a ticket which you can use to get in and out of the parking structure for less than 10 bucks a day so don't pay at the booth inside the parking structure, they will charge you an arm and a leg.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
AVIALongBeachGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Pike Long Beach, responded to this review, September 26, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at AVIA Long Beach. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and found the beds to be very comfortable and the hotel to be modern and well decorated. We hope you will stay with us again in the near future.