New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Orange, California
“Outstanding Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was our first visit to Long Beach and the Hyatt Pike location. We checked in a little late but were given a upgraded view room because of my Platinum Gold Passport status. When we arrived on the 6th floor to our room we were delighted to see a personalized note from the staff and a chilled bottle of champagne and fresh strawberries and chocolate sauce. The note stated we were the "VIP of the Day". It was quite a surprise and much appreciated. We walked around the area and enjoyed the evening before we headed back to a very modern and comfortable room. Will stay there again if in the area - thanks Hyatt!

Room Tip: Choose a high floor with a water view
Green Features: Would like to see recycling in the rooms and in the lobby area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Indonesian first
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was back in Long Beach for a combo trip of work and personal. I chose this hotel as it's in a great location and had not been to the property. I loved it! My room was perfect. The size, cleanliness and condition was more than I expected. I loved the rooftop pool and enjoyed it twice during my stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
Sour Lake, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel is being redone but not a problem for us. The rooms were nice and very clean. Hotel is right by the pier which is convenient. We loved it! They upgraded us to a bay view room which was nice. Parking is $24 self or valet.

Room Tip: Bay view was an upgrade and it was beautiful
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

I had done so much research online when I was looking around at where I was going to stay when we got to the states. When I came across Long Beach I thought may as well check it out then staying some where in the hustle and bustle! I was really happy with the reviews I was reading and did like the look of the place. When I actually arrived I was very impressed with the service and the hotel itself.

Breakfast was amazing and the beds were very comfortable!

One thing my partner learnt was when trying to dial out with the area code or the hotels ext number to make an out going call - be careful as he dialed 911 thinking we were calling up to confirm our pick up in the morning but clearly didn't. All was good which was a relief as we felt very silly but the staff handled the situation very well with us as management has to come up and make sure all is fine.

Great place to stay in Long Beach!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Agoura Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It feels almost like a boutique, European style hotel. We had the standard king room, which is a bit small, but the elegant, contemporary furnishings make up for the size. We had a great view of the Queen Mary in the Long Beach Harbor. We opted for the AAA rate, which included breakfast, our choice of room service or dining in the Bay Street Kitchen. We ate in the Bay Street Kitchen, which had excellent, healthy options and the staff was friendly and attentive. In fact, all staff members we helpful and friendly. Also loved the location. Easy walks to restaurants, movies, and waterfront activities, easy drive to other parts of Long Beach. The rooftop pool and bar have a great view, so don't miss those amenities. Parking is $7 a night with in/out privileges, much less than most hotels in the area. My husband and I would both highly recommend Hyatt The Pike.

Room Tip: Bay/Harbor View for a view of the Queen Mary.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great hotel, good location (unless you are a beach person - that's a pretty long walk), mostly nice, helpful staff. However, ready their website VERY carefully before booking a room here if part of the main reason you are interested is the rooftop pool and bar. I booked this hotel for our 22 year anniversary because when my husband saw the rooftop pool and bar, he was sold. HOWEVER, the rooftop bar is only open on Saturdays and Sundays, something I did not know when I reserved a room for Wednesday through Saturday morning. The woman at the front desk couldn't even find the hours of the rooftop bar when I talked to her about it - she was very nice and had champagne delivered to us on our anniversary. The bartender could have cared less. She just shrugged and said 'Oh well, you can buy your drink here and take it up with you.' Not the point, lady....and I was disappointed in her total lack of interest. I have contacted the hotel since then, and they did make a SMALL adjustment to our bill, and they said the times ARE on their website. I haven't looked because I have no plans to ever stay there again. Too much money, too far from the beach, and their website isn't super clear, at least not to me and the woman at the front desk.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Seattle WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has undergone some renovations and the lobby is still under remodel. The rooms were great. New and updated. The pool area is nice. Would recommend! Get a great rate on Priceline. Garage is a bit of a hike so you may want to valet park. $23-$26. Great location and you can walk across the street to lots of great restaurants.

Stayed July 2014