“Great Hotel Near the Convention Center” 5 of 5 stars

Hyatt Centric The Pike Long Beach
Ranked #2 of 57 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Forney, Texas
“Great Hotel Near the Convention Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I were once again very pleased with our stay here . . . if you are working at the Long Beach Convention Center and want to say at a hotel that has more of a boutique feel to it . . . this is for you! Exactly the kind of quality one would expect from an upper-end Hyatt hotel . . . plus the prices relative to other hotels in the area, including the Hyatt Regency, are very competitive.
The walks to many of the local attractions are very short and only minutes away, and there are a lot of good restaurants in the area. Cannot wait to come bank!

Room Tip: join the Hyatt gold program
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Moochiebpaul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Indonesian first
Bournemouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have never stayed in any hotel before where I thought the bed was better than mine! It was ridiculously comfortable! I never wanted to get out of it! I liked everything about tihis hotel. The location is fab. A couple of minutes walk over a pedestrian bridge to all the restauants and aquarium. Breakfast was extra but very nice - the berries with granola and yoghurt was huge - you won't need anything else. The roof top pool was nice with a smashing view over Long Beach. There is a convenient car park next door which was cheap by Californian standards. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel or staying there again.

Room Tip: Go for the 'stand by' upgrade for the extra $9. Well worth it!
1 Thank B0urnem0uthTraveller
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Jenni was our server at Bay Street Kitchen She was so amazing! She took care of every us from the time we came in to the time we left. She made us feel so comfortable and recommended some delicious breakfast items! I would definitely go back to the pike and her again! My husband and I were so amazed by what a charming girl she is! We've been there a few times and this was definitely best experience at the pike and the Bay Street Kitchen! Can't wait until our next visit!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Missmiapepita
Los Alamitos, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I recently purchased a prepaid night at this Hotel through their website, thinking it was a reputable place to stay and booking through their website for a sail package that SHOULD have included parking. It DID NOT. Not only did it not include the parking for the cruise but I also had to pay for parking the day of my stay. All they told me was that there was nothing that they could do. This makes no sense to me and sure enough they refused to do anything about. If you stay here expect to pay for parking. I have stayed in Long beach a few times and have never had issues with the many hotels within the blocks radius. I would suggest Renaissance that is less then a block away.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank fbpowers
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last month while taking a quick day trip to Catalina Island. The hotel is in a great location, right by the water, mall and aquarium. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I really had wanted to check out the hotel pool during my stay, but unfortunately the pull was closed due to a private wedding. I told the front desk my disappointment as this was part of the reason I chose this hotel and they gave me free drink coupons at the hotel lobby bar. I was very happy they did so and the bartenders made some amazing cocktails. The room was absolutely beautiful with a great layout that was modern and sleek. If you are planning on staying in Long Beach, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ArnieLA
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Me and my wife stayed at the Pike for one night for a quick getaway to Long Beach. Not that Long Beach is exactly a "getaway" location, but we wanted to check it out.

The hotel is modern with updated decor and furnishings, probably not the best for families with small children. Parking was easy and cheap, and the rooms were well appointed and had a mini-fridge and bottle opener/corkscrew (something I always look for). Most rooms have nice walk-in showers, but my wife was disappointed with no soaking tub in any rooms except for ADA rooms. The pool is scenic on the roof, though small. We were disappointed by the fact that it was being reserved for a wedding the one night we were there, but the hotel did offer to take guests to the Hyatt down the road for their pool if needed. Also, our room looked out on the A/C units for the hotel, not very scenic.

The location was the biggest disappointment, the hotel is right by the cruise line terminal and an outdoor mall. Food close by was Hooters and another couple of chain restaurants, not the most enticing options. Also, the mall was quite busy at night with teenagers and the like, so it was a little loud.

Overall not a bad experience, but I don't think we'll be headed back anytime soon.

1 Thank dcnanners
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We only stayed at Long Beach for one night as we wanted to see the Queen Mary, but it was a really nice hotel. Its super modern, clean and bright. The rooms are average sized but with comfy beds and a large bathroom (a huge shower but no bath). The breakfast was nice with large portions but there isnt that great a variety to choose from and if we were staying for a while we would have looked elsewhere for breakfast. The Pike is in a great location, a short walk from the harbour and nearby shops/restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family