“Great Hotel at a Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #2 of 57 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Forney, Texas
“Great Hotel at a Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My wife and I decided to try it out while attending a convention in Long Beach. While not quite as conveniently located as the Hyatt Regency, it wasn't that far off. My wife and I liked it because it was relatively quite and away from the business crowd. The room we had was very spacious with all of the amenities one would expect and hope for in a four star property. Overall a great location for both the convention center and the local sites. A little pricey relative to other rooms I typically get in the area, but given the comfort and convenience it offers--both which are very important to me as a business traveler--it was well worth it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Indonesian first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Hotel was just what we wanted for our stay in Long Beach. The locaton is perfect for local bars, restaurants and attractions. Parking convenient and good value for money at $7 per day. Staff friendly and helpful. Ate at hotel daily for breakfast which was very nice, large portions and good selection. The pool, which we sat by daily was a lovely place to relax and not at all crowded probably due to the hotel attraction business guests. Did ndt venture into pool as the water was too cold. Room was not too big but adequate, view of other buildings not too great. Overall we had a lovely time at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed here three night of our wedding and what upset me the most is that I expressed to them that it was our wedding and asked if we could check in at 1pm, they were unable to accommodate us. They just offered us to pay for the previous night to ensure the room earlier. So we just checked I'm after the wedding, which was almost midnight and asked for late checkout, that also was not granted. The only reason why I didn't really knock off rating points for that is because it was Memorial Day weekend so I would assume they were as busy as they were portraying to be. Other than that the room was very big, the bathroom was roomy and modern. The pool area was fantastic although we didn't use it at all. The line for checkout was very long though and the guy didn't know what he was doing because I had a gift card, maybe he was new, idk. I loved the hotel though. Very chic. We'll definitely return.

• Stayed May 2012
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This boutique hotel was perfect - i spent 6 days attending a conference (just one block away) at the convention centre. I chose to stay at the Pike for location but also to avoid staying in the large conference hotel. I was not disappointed. Everyone who works in this hotel is groomed for service. The bellboy, housekeeping, servers and the front desk staff were extremely professional, efficient and personable. The room was very comfortable, clean and well planned. The rooftop pool was an oasis. Healthy breakfast options. Parking was exceptionally convenient and well priced. AND it is in Long Beach - I loved the location. Just steps away from the waterfront - a great selection of restaurants and the beach! Based upon the service and the comfort level I would say Hyatt the Pike is among the best hotels I have ever stayed in!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kimcrm
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

The Hyatt the Pike, Long Beach was an amazing experience; probably the best hotel I have ever stayed at. The hotel is new, modern and clean; the front desk staff was very friendly and were able to help me find good restaurants and shops near by. My room had a view of the Queen Mary and a park! The beds/linens were very soft and comfortable and my room had a great sitting area and a little desk. Additionally the bathroom was very spacious and luxurious and had a tiled walk in rain shower and high end toiletries.

The location of this hotel was superb, right in the heart of the Pike shops and short walk to the convention center and the pier. The only downside is the cost, the rooms are a bit pricey and they charge you for all the extras like parking etc, though overall GREAT place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Greg D
Bonney Lake, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My Husband and I went to Long beach for a graduation. I visited this website and read reviews to make a selection. We decided on The Hyatt on Bay street. The location was great. Everything was within walking distance. The rooms were very nice and the Hotel staff was great.The roof top pool on the 8th floor offered a great view and was a nice place to enjoy a drink and appetizer.There was so much to do and not enough time on our trip.We will be returning for another stay. All the reviews were spot on. I highly recommend this Hotel...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, Caifornia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I were playing a club on Pine so decided to get a hotel since we would be out late. Location is perfect, walking distance to aquarium, Pine, all the restaurants. Overnight parking in garage was only $7 with ins and outs which I thought was pretty reasonable. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly during check-in and check-out. The whole place is very clean and modern, only thing I would say I noticed in a negative sort of way, is that since the lounge is right off the lobby, every time I walked through it had a strong smell of beer/alcohol.
The room was also very modern, clean, the bathroom is very spacious and the shower heads were very nice. Bed was super comfortable! Room service was prompt and friendly.
Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business