“Ho-Hum”

Gladstone's Long Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Gladstone's Long Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 1,177 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Shoreline Drive & Pine Avenue
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The location is great, service as I'd expect except our waiter went off shift in the middle of our meal and wanted us to pay then. The food is expensive as you are paying for the location as well as the food. No Manhattan clam chowder, no spiny back lobster tails―just whole Maine lobsters. Odd menu combinations I would never order. The only item I thought was great were the vegetables. I love that you can substitute them for any side―and they would be worth substituting the main course to get. Over all, if you want to eat on the water front and watch the boats come and go, you couldn't pick a better spot!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

The view and atmosphere were outstanding but that is the only thing that was positive. I was in a party of 10, and we were seated quickly, but it took us 30 minutes to get our water. While my sandwich was good the rest or our party felt their food was poor. Three in our group felt ill after they ate.

We did have 2 conversations with the manager and he was condescending. He had a bad attitude and his treatment of his staff bordered on brutality. It is no wonder that the service and quality were so bad. I would not recommend this place.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

There are many restaurant to choose from in area and friend told us about Gladstone's and we were happy to try it. We sat inside and was not able to take advantage of the happy hour specials becasue they are only good for the patio.

We had a nice harbor view. Our server was great! They had Gluten Free bread so that was a extra special treat because I didn't need to sit on my hands while the rest of our table ate the fresh sour dough bread!!! The food was delicious. We ordered lobster and all sorts of seafood dishes. The price was a bit steep but hey, its seafood and california

Reviewed June 23, 2014

All was going well ... great Jamaican Jerk Ribs appetizer ... I don't eat fish so I had the BabyBack Ribs & they too were delicious and then ... a few enormous water beetles joined us on the patio. Ruined the mood and setting on the patio unfortunately but the service was great. There was a pianist entertaining on the patio with people dancing. Overall a great experience aside from the varmints ... the restaurant is not at fault ...

1  Thank mnmhoehn
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Dinner after a long day at the convention center was wonderful

Blue Crap stuffed Salon was done well..... good food