“Bad food. High price. Noisy crowd”

Gladstone's Long Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Gladstone's Long Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,120 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Shoreline Drive & Pine Avenue
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place is a joke. It is for people who think they are a movie star or think they are rich. Too many drunk noisy people talking loud about what movie they are in or their house... or their car. The food was just average tasting.

But this place is on the ocean with a beautiful view.

There are newer reviews for Gladstone's Long Beach

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were excited to visit Gladstone's to enjoy some seafood. We were not overly impressed by the quality though. The happy hour special sushi hand rolls (spicy tuna and California roll) were good but the nori was oddly chewy. I guess that is somewhat to be expected for a $5 sushi plate. The bay shrimp salad was pretty good although I was not expecting it to be a wedge style salad. In addition to the appetizer and salad we shared a crab dinner. The crab legs were a bit salty. The mashed potatoes were delicious. My favorite part of the meal quite honestly was the sourdough bread loaf that they served with dinner. I would have been happy just eating a few of those!

We opted to sit out on their patio which is a great place to enjoy your meal. They had a band playing the Friday night we ate here (two guys with acoustic guitars) and honestly they were the highlight of the evening. Those guys were rockin'! It did make for a rather loud dinner environment but no complaints (we could have sat inside if it was an issue).

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Had the clam chowder, good not phenomenal, and a lovely caesar salad. Just stopped for a quick lunch, but would definitely return. My husband had the fish 'n' chips, which he loved. Would definitely return for dinner, for a fresh fish entree.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This restaurant is known for seafood, and they really do it well, but I will get into that in a second. This restaurant is located in the Shoreline Village area of Long Beach, and the parking is terrible Go ahead and splurge for the valet it's only $7.At first I was disappointed that we were not sat at the window, but that soon ended when I saw someone swatting a fly.The waitress Carrie was very pleasant because she didn't hover.First we ordered some wine by the glass, he likes red, I like white.His Fetzer Merlot was quite good, and I had the Hogue Pinot Grigio.The sourdough bread was good but the butter was hard.House salad could have had a better Ranch which was runny but the tom garnish was good. Hubby had the Shrimp Scampi EXCELLENT, I had the Cocunut Shrimp, ALSO EXCELLENT! You can substitute the rice pilaf for fries, I would recommend if your not a fan.Served also with vegs which were ok. Go for the seafood and the view!Downside so noisy that all you could hear was the bass line on the music.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Gladstones is a favorite for oysters and lobster. If you like crab, you can get your fingers dirty and dig in.