“Surprised our daughter, staff was awesome!”

George's Greek Cafe
Ranked #65 of 1,116 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Glendora
Transit: Second St. has stops for the Metro Link as well as the Passport Bus. See Metro.net for time schedule.
Description: George's Greek Cafe welcomes you to "a little piece of Greece in Southern California." Our family-owned business is here to provide you with high quality food, craft cocktails, and an authentic Greek dining experience. Our restaurant has remained a favorite among the locals for one reason: we never compromise on our promise to provide fresh and delicious meals in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. We continue to follow Mama Rodou's recipes, which were passed down to her from her grandmother. We use only the finest imported ingredients, such as first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil from Greece and premium, hormone-free, grass-fed lamb from New Zealand. We want to extend an open invitation to you to dine at one of our restaurants. Whether you're looking to impress a date with an intimate wine tasting, reconnecting with family over Saganaki Flaming Cheese and lamb chops, or planning the perfect wedding reception for 500 of your closest friends, we are here for you. Come in, and feel like part of the family. OPA!
Minneapolis, MN
“Surprised our daughter, staff was awesome!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our daughter's boyfriend proposed to her on a Friday morning and they had plans to go to George's for dinner that night since it is their favorite restaurant. We had planned to surprise our daughter by flying out for the weekend. Between the restaurant, the boyfriend and us, the surprise went off great! I had called and spoke with Nicki and BooBoo a week or two before the visit to make plans with them. We had a special bottle of wine we wanted to have for the engagement dinner and they waived to cork fee for us. We arrived a half hour before they were to arrive. We were seated and promptly served our drinks. The hostess and BooBoo were watching for our daughter and fiance. When they arrived, they led them back to our table. Our daughter was so surprised! BooBoo took pictures of the reunion which we treasure very much! The whole staff was "in" on the surprise and they all clapped for them. Service was "over the top". Everyone said the food was wonderful. If we are ever in the area again, we will definitely stop in. Thanks to the staff, it was a night we will never forget!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank TomAnne79

“They deliver!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

They deliver to my neck of the woods and you can order online. I like their salmon and Taramasalata.
When we do eat there food is great and service is friendly. My husband loves their calamari salad. He's partial to calamari LOL.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Cherie Mae B
Long Beach, California
“BEST dinner in months”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My mouth is still tasting those wonderful lamb chops !! OMG, they were the best I have ever had. Of course we started the dinner with the flaming Saganaki, which was so delish, I didn't really want to share it. My husband had the stuffed salmon, but really not to have the lamb is crazy. The chops were so tender and flavorful. Another person order the stuffed steak, which looked amazing. Maybe next time (which will be VERY soon) I will try that. The veggies and the rice were so tasty too. We just got back from two weeks in Hawaii and this was the best meal we have had in months.. Service was excellent too and for a mid week dinner, it was very busy.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank lanzie99
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Good Greek food, friendly service.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We always eat here when we visit family in Long Beach. Service is very friendly. I always get the gyros. Gyros are tasty and full of meat...the only thing I would do differently is order the sauce on the side. The atmosphere is casual but comfortable.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Cincytraveler621
Long Beach, California
“Very good Greek food and excellent service!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have loved George's since they opened the original on Pine Avenue. The food is good Greek food made and owned by Greeks. If you are a vegetarian or pescetarian, this is the best Greek in the Greater Long Beach area. The fish dishes are always great and they know how to do veggies and everything wrapped in philo dough.

I am especially impressed with the service. The family and their waitstaff go out of their way to make sure that you get what you want the way you want it (they are fine with any special food requests or restrictions). This is what brings me back time and time again.

• Visited November 2012