“Don't go even with a groupon”

Yen Sushi & Sake Bar
Ranked #470 of 1,116 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Sushi
Long Beach
“Don't go even with a groupon”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My husband and I used a groupon coupon for this restaurant based on the trip advisor reviews and because it is in our neighborhood. I can honestly say that this is the first time I have so clearly disagreed with other reviewers. This place was very overpriced, ugly in appearance, with rushed and curt servers and very mediocre food. We have eaten sushi in fantastic places all over the world and have never been charged for tea! We will never return.

• Visited December 2013

Long Beach, California
“Happy Hour Sushi & Sake=Happiness!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I had an expired Groupon that we wanted to use for the face value and happened to arrive just before happy hour ended.....on a Saturday! Yes, they have happy hour everyday until 6:30PM. Because we were hungry, we ordered the salmon skin salad, salmon sashimi, albacore with fried onion sashimi, tuna with garlic Ponzi sashimi, and a red monster roll. All were delicious and well presented, particularly, the albacore that had a huge pile of thinly cut fried onion rings. We chose to pay the full price of $16 for a cold dry sake although there were choices on the happy hour menu. The staff were friendly and the restaurant had plenty of seating inside and on the front patio area. One of the servers offered us a spot.on deal that will compensate us with repeated visits, we signed up and want to return to earn rewards. A great touch was the complimentary orange slices with chocolate sauce that was arranged like a cat.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank sherrieseg
San Diego
“Had a groupon Great Value”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

There Rock & Roll Sushi roll was amazing couldnt even finish 1! And im a 265lb man, who was hungry. The rolls came out so fast, normally when ordering specialty rolls they dont come out as fast but this place was awesome.

Visited December 2012
Long Beach, California
“If you love Sushi you will love thisYen Sushi & Sake Bar”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Located in the heart of trendy Belmont Shore this little restaurant serves the freshest and tastiest
Sashimi and Sushi we have ever had.The servers are the best as well.Great menu with lots of delicious looking dishes.

• Visited November 2012
Long Beach, CA
“You've never had Sushi this good!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Right next door to another wonderful restaurant, Yen Sushi is right on 2nd Street in Belmont Shore. My mouth is watering as I think of all the fabulous and huge pieces of sushi my husband Peter and I ate last night. We sat there in our Halloween costumes and consumed the most fresh, creative, flavorful, generous portions of the best sushi I've ever eaten -- and I've eaten Lots-o-Sushi, believe me. I write this at my own peril as now we may not get seated right away but not to share this good news would be criminal.

• Visited October 2012