“Consider Econolodge to stay the night.”

Econo Lodge Long Beach
Ranked #41 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Consider Econolodge to stay the night.”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Our experience at this hotel was average. For the value of the rate, the room was decent. Our room was located right next to the ice box and soda vending machine, which was nice. The mini fridge was very clean. It had an ironing board and blow dryer. The bathroom was clean. The people running the motel were friendly. We had no problems. Although they offered free internet access we still brought our Clear Wireless and had full connection, which we never do, even where we live. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JenEsqLV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Pendleton, Oregon
Reviewed December 24, 2011

We didn't end up staying the night because the bed was so hard - it felt like a piece of plywood.

It was advertised that there was a whirlpool tub for two in our room - uh, no, unless you are two 5-year olds.

Also the parking situation was very, very tight. Hard to maneuver around the very small lot.

Manager at first didn't want to give us our money back, but finally relented.

We ended up going to the Quality Inn down the street which was much better!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tarol

Travelers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed December 15, 2011

This place is small, old, close to the highway (traffic noise). But it's cheap, clean, 'remodeled,' and a good option if you need a room for the night.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Jarred W
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed December 29, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Econo Lodge for one night before an early flight out of LGB.
Pros: Rooms have been updated and ours was very clean. I did not feel uncomfortable walking around in bare feet. The family that runs it was friendly, even if they were a tad unprofessional and disorganized. Hot coffee and muffins in the morning. Nice BIG LCD flat screen TV came in very handy for the bowl game that night.

Cons: It is on the PCH and the traffic noise is loud and constant. Parking is a joke. If you don't grab one of about 4 spots in front you are forced into a dark scary back lot. In room appliances are super loud, but I simply unplugged everything for the night. This was the second most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in; hard as a rock! (The first most uncomfortable bed was on the Queen Mary, also in Long Beach)
If you are looking for some entertainment, perhaps head next door to the "Out of the Closet" thrift store. They advertise "FREE HIV TESTING".
For one night it was tolerable, but I will never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pacislander81
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed December 31, 2008

PROS:

The rooms were newly renovated.. they are LARGE.. at least my room.. 202.

Flat TV.. fridge.. microwave..

CONS:

No coffee maker in the room.. no alarm clock.. no 24-hr coffee at the reception (as I used to in other EconoLodge's).. no facial tissues.. Lousy breakfast of only 3 types of packaged pastry and coffee..

I hope these missing things are all just because it is renovated and that they will fix this.. however, the reception lady was not very friendly and when I asked about the coffee maker she said they are only required in the suite rooms.. although she allowed me to use the coffee maker down there to make my coffee myself.. (yeah.. i had to get the water and the coffee..!!!).

• Liked — It is newly renovated and the rooms are large.
  • Disliked — Very basic and the staff are not willing to help make the experience better.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Southern Cal
Reviewed December 19, 2008

I was staying in Long Beach to have a vehical repaired and found this place online for "fairly cheap", so i tried it.
W O W.. not to inviting to say the least!.
A very small small place, i actually drove right past it and had to turn around... wish i had kept going.

Upon entering the place, you notice a skimpy little check-in room, AND A VERY SMALL PARKING LOT!!! 4 SPACES.... AND ONE IS A HANDI CAP. { IM NOT KIDDING }
The place gives off a very bad vibe, drab paint, dull colors.
The check in clerk was, well, not from America lets say.

They didnt even have my correct change, and she said she would have someone come up to my room later with my $20.00 later. They never did!!

I had to go back down and request my change, this may sound trivial, but this is not customer service, having to chase after your change from a motel.
The whole place just didnt seem right , it had a bad feel.

If you want quit... sorry, not happening here!! PCH is very loud and i even had a room towards the back. Traffic at all hours.
The room "was ok", but not great. It was just short of nice.

The floor creeked when you walked acrossed it, and you could feel it give way under your feet. It had a "motel 6 " bathroom, just a small pull around shower curtin . {cheesy} low water pressure.

TV was large size, but no listings. It changed channels so slow that by the time you made it thru, the shows were over. Annoying.

If you are staying just one nite, it would be ok i guess, but for $70.00 , there are many other places in the area, and with a laundry room maybe??? geeze...
My whole take.... not worth it, and not recommended.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed October 22, 2008

Ok, in October, just before I booked there were 4 positive reviews. This is not to dispute them, but to add subtle details.
We stayed for $65. plus for one night. I would only go back if I was alone. You do need to book a rear room. PCH is alive day and night. The are only four park spots inside the C shaped motel. One Handicap slot. One way traffic in/out. The parking exit is like a small tunnel. ie For small cars only. My 87 Nissan pick -up looked to be close. I don't think my Explorer would have fit. So all the overflow parking is behind the building, semi -residental with Cameras. The 3 or 4 times I was in the lot, ie go to car, get ice, there was a lookout peeking out of a ground floor room. They were twenty somethings, I observed when one was smoking outside.
There is a Urgent Care between the Traffic Circle and the Hotel.
Never heard Sirens.
The hotel is on the edge of a nicer long beach. 1000 yards from the traffic circle and a Ralphs. Not far from Seal Beach, Nice dining/shopping.
MarshallGulch

• Liked — The room was updated and clean. Nice flat screen tv.
  • Disliked — Parking was inconvenient, no coffee in room, things felt sparse ie just enough to be nice
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple